FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best solutions for timestretching video AND audio beyond 4x?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Torley Wong
Best solutions for timestretching video AND audio beyond 4x?
on Jun 19, 2014 at 6:45:07 pm
Last Edited By Torley Wong on Jun 19, 2014 at 7:07:08 pm

Friendly greetings!

I regularly need to accelerate footage beyond 4x, but here's my problem: in Vegas Pro 12, it appears that the playback speed can be changed to a maximum of 4x and the same goes for audio (whether it's Elastique or another method). I regularly simply hold Ctrl and drag the edge of the clip to the left as my preferred hands-on method.

When necessary, I've added a velocity envelope of 300% to the video clip for a maximum effective rate of 12x. But, this doesn't affect audio, which is a problem for my needs, where I want to have the sound sped up as well (even if it sounds cartoony and garbly, that's part of the intended effect).

I haven't found a good solution to timestretch video AND audio beyond 4x together, in perfect sync. Ideally it would allow much higher rates. I have seen Fasst Apps Timewarp, but it isn't clear from the product description if that takes care of audio too (I've emailed their sales).

I'm also aware that Veggie Toolkit (which I own and overlooked earlier) has Time Bandit, although my longer-term concern is that Veggie Toolkit won't be upgraded for Vegas Pro 13. EDIT: Time Bandit also doesn't adjust audio beyond 4x. I'm aware there are VST timestretch plugins that can go further by themselves, but I'd like to find as elegant and integrated a solution as possible.

Are there any other alternatives I should look into? Thank you graciously.

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
Re: Best solutions for timestretching video AND audio beyond 4x?
on Jun 19, 2014 at 7:33:01 pm

You can not speed up AUDIO beyond 4X, but you can render it, bring it to the timeline and speed up again, or use nested projects.

Sony Vegas Templates

Return to posts index

Torley Wong
on Jun 19, 2014 at 8:59:10 pm

There really is no built-in way to do it other than make a round-trip to an external editor like Sound Forge?

It seems like an odd and wonky limitation.

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
on Jun 19, 2014 at 10:17:57 pm

If you have Sound Forge - why not? Right click the audio event and choose Open in Audio Editor.

Return to posts index

Torley Wong
on Jun 20, 2014 at 1:19:58 am

It's a less elegant and integrated method, so I am still wondering if anyone else knows a plugin or better built-in way?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]