FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quicktime giving me a hard time in Sony Vegas Pro 13 build 310 64-bit

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Lafleche
Quicktime giving me a hard time in Sony Vegas Pro 13 build 310 64-bit
on Jun 18, 2014 at 1:32:41 pm

I have been editing using only .MOVs because that is the type of file my camera produces. I was editing for about 4 hours and then it froze when I tabbed out of vegas while it was adding another video I just dropped into the timeline. I couldn't close it or cancel the process so I used task manager to end the process. I have been frequently saving my work and I also had the auto saved backup ready I thought to myself. But once I reopened it, I can't remember if it said the files were missing or if they were just black. The audio works fine but what really gets me is that few of the videos still show in the timeline. I tried to uninstall quicktime 7 and use a much older version from 6 years ago that was suggested online. I tried to click on the "Specify new video source" or whatever it says and choose the same video again but it gives me an error saying the video stream has changed or something, I can give more detail if required just let me know. I really need help with this ASAP thank you in advance.
BTW here is a link to a screenshot of my timeline http://i.imgur.com/9FyBN8y.jpg

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Quicktime giving me a hard time in Sony Vegas Pro 13 build 310 64-bit
on Jun 18, 2014 at 3:32:36 pm

The quicktime format can do some quirky things at times!
What form of mov format is it?
And whats the camera?

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Film Editor & Compositor.
Filmex Creative Media.
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia
1-876-461-9019

Return to posts index

Norman Black
on Jun 18, 2014 at 5:13:36 pm

What type of MOV files? A dump from MediaInfo would help.

Vegas bypasses Quicktime for MOV files which DSLRs and digicams typically produce. AVC/H.264 and PCM audio. You can right click a file in the project media tab and go to the general tab and scroll to the bottom. What plug-in is Vegas using. If the qt7plug then Vegas is using Quicktime. If compoundplug, then Vegas is handling the file(s) directly.

Return to posts index

Dave Osbun
on Jun 18, 2014 at 6:17:27 pm

Copy those move files to physically different hard drive and test. This way you can rule out a possible hard drive issue.

Dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]