FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas Pro 12 not opening file

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Bee
Sony Vegas Pro 12 not opening file
on Jun 15, 2014 at 10:38:31 am

The file is in an AVI container. It comes from my 2-channel car
camera (records both front and rear footage simultaneously). It is AVC1 / H.264 codec / MPEG-4 AVC according to GSPOT.

The files can open fine in windows media player, gom player, VLC, etc, but i can't open it in Sony Vegas Pro 12. It says and error occurred while opening a codec.

I'm running on windows 7 - 64 bit, I've installed Quicktime 7.7 latest version and I also installed x264vfw (for 64-bit) and still it won't accept this file.

Anyone got any other ideas what it could be? Previously on Sony Vegas 9, it would actually ACCEPT the files into the timeline but the screen would be blacked out and only the audio would be available, so at least in vegas 9, I could actually add it to the timeline. Vegas 12 won't even let me open it or put it on the timeline.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Sony Vegas Pro 12 not opening file
on Jun 15, 2014 at 7:00:57 pm

You should be able to open it. Not sure what could be causing otherwise.

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Film Editor & Compositor.
Filmex Creative Media.
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia
1-876-461-9019

Return to posts index

Joe Bee
Re: Sony Vegas Pro 12 not opening file
on Jun 16, 2014 at 12:22:19 am

Could it be anything to do with 32bit vs 64bit? Is it possible to have codecs or quicktime or anything else installed on the computer but maybe only for x86 program files or 64 bit program files?

Could it have anything to do with a conflict in codecs?
The error message after all does say problem occurred when trying to open a codec (although it doesn't say which codec, but obviously the codec the video file is in). What is AVC1 codec and then H.264/MPEG 4 ?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]