FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rookie Vegas question

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Smith
Rookie Vegas question
on Jun 9, 2014 at 9:12:58 pm

You know the basic tabs you can scroll through and pick the options of:

Sometimes they become un-nested in those tabs and for the life of me I can't get them to conform back and be a tab again! So, my project media window is just floating above everything else and making it hard to manage. Please help!

Return to posts index

Stewart Bourke
Re: Rookie Vegas question
on Jun 9, 2014 at 9:35:14 pm

John,

You have undocked your 'project media' window in Vegas. This undocking feature is a really useful function in Vegas - you can grab just about any section of Vegas and undock it and place it anywhere on the screen. This is especially useful if you have multiple screens and want to keep specific windows available.

It is easy to 'redock' the window.

Place the mouse cursor over the undocked window's title bar - the bar that says 'Project Media'.

With the cursor over the title bar, click and hold down the left mouse button. Your project media window should move as you move the mouse. You can now move the window around the screen. To put it back where it was originally, drag the window over toward the top-left-hand side of the main Vegas windows.

As you get near the top LHS you should see the window you are dragging 'snap' back into place - over the current tabs - let go the mouse button and it should stay in place.

You can use the mechanism to totally rearrange your layout if required.

Hope this helps.

STBO

Return to posts index

Jon Smith
on Jun 9, 2014 at 9:44:02 pm

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
on Jun 9, 2014 at 9:54:03 pm

In VP13 you must hold the Ctrl key while dragging a window

Return to posts index

David Norman
on Jun 14, 2014 at 7:03:21 am

just upgraded to 13 and I totally missed that.... thanks for the heads up!

Dell XPS 15" 9350 i7, 512gb SSD, Nvidia 750m
Intel i7 4770, R9 290, 32gb, 2xRAID0 Intel 240gb SSD, 2x2TB WD Green, 3x23" Samsung LCDs
http://youtube.com/adidas4275

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]