FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re render project with new settings

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Gregory
Re render project with new settings
on May 30, 2014 at 1:42:50 am

I have a project where the first test burn shows a lot of interlacing in certain portions of the file. I feel sure that the problem originates with the original Vegas project which in turn had been put together from segments of video which were on the timeline at the time that the whole project rendering was done.

Many of these segments had been previously been rendered out. Some of the were likely to have had different interlace settings.

I recently read the posting about the amount of quality loss when re rendering out high bit rate sequence & it said that it had been done 10 times without noticeable loss. This being the case is it possible just to re render the entire project that contains different interlacing segments without having to go to each individual segment & doing each one separately? If so what settings would you suggest? Should I make the whole project progressive for instance or turn on/off re sampling?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Re render project with new settings
on May 30, 2014 at 10:28:41 am

[Paul Gregory] "Many of these segments had been previously been rendered out. Some of the were likely to have had different interlace settings."
You may have found your problem. If you rendered a file incorrectly then there is no fixing it. You need to go back and render it correctly.
[Paul Gregory] "Should I make the whole project progressive for instance or turn on/off re sampling?"
If you footage is interlaced than I would keep your projects interlaced. This has no bearing on the fact that you want to make your final render progressive. I would only make your project progressive if your source was progressive.

In either case, you need to set your Deinterlace Method properly. I would leave it at the default which is Blend Fields unless you have a good reason to change it. Whatever you do, never set it to None if you have interlaced footage in your project unless you are using a 3rd part deinterlacer on a per event basis.

Resampling has to do with changes in frame rate. It has nothing to do with interlacing. If you are rendering to a different frame rate then your source, you might want to resample or you might not. That's determined by the change in frame rates. If you are halving the frame rate like from 60 to 30 I would disable resample. If you are going from 24 to 30 I would leave it on. A general rule of thumb is to disable it when reducing the frame rate and enabling it when increasing the frame rate.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]