FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rendering Quality (sorry, I know this has been asked before!)

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Gros
Rendering Quality (sorry, I know this has been asked before!)
on May 27, 2014 at 11:25:38 am

I've been having problems with sony vegas destroying the quality of my footage when rendering; apparently this a common problem, due to the number of responses I've seen on various websites, and like someone said, there is no one silver bullet for the solution.

My footage, when rendered as HD main concept AVC is super dark,and drops in quality. I throw the same footage on my wife's older macbook and render in final cut pro; the quality doesn't change at all. I would just use FCP, but I'm really comfortable with Sony Vegas and don't feel like learning another NLS. Here's pics of my settings that I'm currently using. I've tried tweaking bit rates, from the number of them, from variable to constant. I've tried to do the two pass encoding. Nothing is helping. Footage from a 7D looks like it was shot with a VCR.

I do suspect that it's my computer; I have a pretty crappy one as far as hardware, and I think that it could be because I don't have a GPU, but rather integrated graphics (it takes forever to render something). Can anyone confirm this?

Anyway, sorry for posting something that's been asked a thousand times, I'm just looking for new suggestions or insight. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Chris Gros
Re: Rendering Quality (sorry, I know this has been asked before!)
on May 27, 2014 at 11:26:50 am

Sorry, I'm having trouble uploading my settings. I will try again after work. In short:

Everything is set to match original source, 1920X1080, 23.967fps, variable bitrates (I've tried between 8-20 million)

Return to posts index

Stephen Mann
Re: Rendering Quality (sorry, I know this has been asked before!)
on May 27, 2014 at 12:57:00 pm

You are comparing way too many variables. What codec did you use on the FCP? Higher bitrate usually makes for higher quality, but if you are viewing the video made on the PC on a Mac, then you have different colorspace. The PC video viewed on a mac will be darker. Post an image, because "quality" is a nebulous term.

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]