FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas BSOD Problems on Gaming PC

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sammy Ellen
Sony Vegas BSOD Problems on Gaming PC
on May 23, 2014 at 11:37:32 pm

Hello, I've been a long time user of Sony Vegas Pro. 9. And I never had any problems with it over 3 different computers in the span of 5 years. Well, recently, I've been trying to update to one of the newer models of SV, and I can't find one that doesn't crash on me.

At first I went with Sony Vegas Pro 12. I put it on my laptop computer first.

Laptop Spec(s):
Windows 7 Home Premium (service pack 1)64-Bit Operating System
HP 2000 Notebook PC
Intel(R) Premium(R) CPU B950 @ 2.10GHz
4.00GB RAM
Intel Integrated Graphics card.
Bought in 2011.

It works perfectly on this computer, but on my newer, self-built, gaming desktop computer, I keep getting the Blue Screen of Death whenever I try to import a file, move a clip, or do just about anything with the program. Even one time after I closed the program, my system still crashed. And this happened for Sony Vegas 11 and 12 and I was able to use Sony Vegas 10, but it still ended up crashing after a couple of hours.

Computer specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium (service pack 1)64-Bit Operating System
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20GHz // Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core
8.00GB RAM (Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600)
Graphics Card: Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB DirectCU II
Other info: Motherboard: ASRock H87 Pro4 ATX LGA1150
Built in August 2013
(i did just activate my windows 7 on this PC, if that has anything to do with it, I was using it without it being properly activated for months)

Now, I originally built this computer for gaming so I have a few games on there like The Walking Dead, The Complete Sims 3, Skyrim, Splinter Cell, Final Fantasy XIV Online, and just a few more. This computer played every game perfectly and I never had any kind of problem out of it. I never even got a blue screen of death on this computer before, not until I tried using Sony Vegas Pro 12 for the first time. Now, when I use any Sony Vegas newer than Sony Vegas 9, the program either freezes on me and crashes and/or I get the BSOD. And I can't fathom why my less powerful and older laptop is having no problems with Sony Vegas 12 while my more powerful desktop is.

I hear people say a BSOD is a computer problem, not a Sony Vegas one. But the computer had always worked fine for me before. And I hadn't installed anything else prior to installing Sony Vegas Pro 12. I had Sony Vegas Pro 9 on this computer since August 2013.

I would really appreciate any help with this. Even though it works on my Laptop, I'd much prefer to use this on my desktop.

Return to posts index

Dave Osbun
Re: Sony Vegas BSOD Problems on Gaming PC
on May 24, 2014 at 6:12:27 pm

Check the Event Viewer. It'll give detailed info as to what is causing the BSOD. It probably is hardware related. Overheating CPU, faulty power supply, etc.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on May 25, 2014 at 4:08:36 am

[Sammy Ellen] "8.00GB RAM (Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600)"
The memory you purchased is not on the supported memory list for that motherboard. I don't care of the specs match. I would never install memory that wasn't tested by the motherboard manufacturer and approved for use with the motherboard I am using. In fact, there is no Crucial memory listed at all (i.e., if ASRock doesn't test with Crucial memory there must be a reason). I would suspect it might be a memory timing problem. Video editing is hard on memory. That's where I would look first.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Sammy Ellen
on May 25, 2014 at 8:32:24 pm

Okay, I'll look into it. Thank you.

Return to posts index

albert anderson
on May 25, 2014 at 2:39:35 pm

BSOD error is very complex so you need to focus on the STOP Error Code so we can identify the real cause of the issue. But most definitely, if BSOD started when you attempt to install or upgrade the program, then this should be uninstalled.

Try to refer on the link below to resolve BSOD issue:
http://www.techyv.com/questions/blue-screen-error-windows-7

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]