FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transition effects lagging in preview

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Morgan Lewis
Transition effects lagging in preview
on May 22, 2014 at 1:00:19 pm

I'm now on Windows 7 and using the 64 bit version of Sony Vegas Pro 10C, before I was using the 32 bit version of the same program on XP and I never once had preview lag.

Now the preview lags on even the most simple transition or effect, as of today I have 12 gigs of ram, compared to the 4 I had when using it on XP, I'm using a quad core i5 2.67ghz.

Could a setting be causing the preview to lag on transition effects?

Return to posts index

Frank Kuppe
Re: Transition effects lagging in preview
on May 22, 2014 at 2:48:48 pm

I;m new too
Have you tried pre-rendering it and pre-render clean up?

Return to posts index

Morgan Lewis
on May 22, 2014 at 3:01:23 pm

I have no idea what that means, but it sounds a bit more complex then 'change a setting'. As you can imagine it's kind of annoying when something worked fine in XP... and on the so called better OS of 7 it lags. O.o

Return to posts index

Frank Kuppe
on May 22, 2014 at 3:07:46 pm

Hit shift M pick a resolution then after its done play it back does it still lag?

Return to posts index

Stephen Mann
on May 22, 2014 at 4:50:22 pm

You can increase your preview RAM. While it won't make any difference on one pass, if you loop the region, the preview will use the preview RAM and each loop gets better.

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index

Stephen Mann
on May 22, 2014 at 4:51:13 pm

I should ask, are they the same FX on the same video project?

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video

Return to posts index

Morgan Lewis
on May 22, 2014 at 9:51:13 pm
Last Edited By Morgan Lewis on May 22, 2014 at 9:57:14 pm

You know I just also thought to experiment with that, what do you know.. a past project using the same transition I first noticed lagging (the basic Iris one)... no lag.

I think this might not be a vegas thing now actually, these files I'm using for my current project I had problems with, we accidently recorded in mp4 and not m2ts and I had to install quicktime and do some other conversion stuff to make them even work.

Update : Oh yeah... just tried putting in a transition in the one hour of game footage we did in m2ts (before screwing up the rest and recording in mp4 by accident)... no lag, I guess this is a quicktime thing lagging up Vegas on transitions... unsure if anything can be done about that, but it's nice to know it's not vegas.

Return to posts index

Stephen Mann
on May 23, 2014 at 2:02:17 am

MP4 uses Quicktime for viewing, and that's limited to 32-bit AFIK.

Preview requires the processor to render every frame in real time - not an easy task. Anything your PC is running in the background takes some of the PC resources from Vegas. Drop your video level to 99% (an easy accident) and it could take 12 hours to render a 1 hour project.

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video

Return to posts index

Morgan Lewis
on May 23, 2014 at 4:13:38 pm

Must be quicktime in this instance then... oh well, I can live with it for one project.

What's this about dropping the video level to 99%? Where is this modified so I can make sure I don't make said easy accident.

Return to posts index

Stephen Mann
on May 23, 2014 at 4:30:55 pm

At the top-center of every event is a blue rectangle. Drag it down to lower the opacity of the event. (I said Level, but I meant Opacity). Problem is you can drag this opacity line down from anywhere on the top of the event, and it's possible to accidentally bump this line down to 99% without noticing.

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]