FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas Pro (11, 12, 13) Crashing When Reaching "Initializing External Monitoring" on Start-up.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noah Miller
Sony Vegas Pro (11, 12, 13) Crashing When Reaching "Initializing External Monitoring" on Start-up.
on May 22, 2014 at 2:49:25 am

So recently, my Vegas has been crashing on "Initializing External Monitoring" during the start up screen. It first happened with Vegas 13, but I even tried with 11 and it does the exact same thing. I have seriously tried almost everything: re-installing, changing things in registry, disabling Microsoft services, etc.
I don't know if these two things relate, but my screensaver also stopped working around the same time that this happened with Vegas. I'm using the "Mystify" screensaver that came with Windows, so nothing 3rd party.

I am also not using a second or "external" monitor. My laptop specs are:
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU: Intel Core i5 430M @ 2.27GHz 49 °C
Arrandale 32nm Technology
RAM: 4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz (7-7-7-20)
Motherboard: Acer Aspire 5741G (CPU)
Graphics: Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 (Acer Incorporated [ALI]) 49 °C
Storage: 596GB Western Digital WDC WD6400BEVT-22A0RT0 (SATA) 40 °C
Optical Drives: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT31N
Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio

... as taken from "Speccy".

Please help!

Thanks (:

Return to posts index

Dave Osbun
Re: Sony Vegas Pro (11, 12, 13) Crashing When Reaching "Initializing External Monitoring" on Start-up.
on May 22, 2014 at 12:21:51 pm

Check your Windows event viewer for errors. Seems you have a corrupt driver or failing hardware. Try downloading the latest drivers for the GPU, then go into the Device Manager and deleting the video card and choose option to remove drivers when prompt appears. Reboot. System will see the GPU, and when prompted point to the location of the drivers you downloaded.

Dave

Return to posts index

Noah Miller
Re: Sony Vegas Pro (11, 12, 13) Crashing When Reaching "Initializing External Monitoring" on Start-up.
on May 23, 2014 at 9:50:20 pm

Deleting the video card worked, you don't know how relieved that makes me.

Thank you so much! :D

Return to posts index

Dave Osbun
on May 24, 2014 at 6:15:32 pm

I told my wife I'm not stupid!

Glad my recommendation helped!

Dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]