FORUMS: list search recent posts

Playbar question

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kelly Griffin
Playbar question
on May 21, 2014 at 10:00:21 pm

I'm not sure how to ask this, so I'll describe what I'm seeing first:

First off, I've got my playbar default set to toggle between "start/stop" with spacebar; i.e., I hit spacebar and the playbar plays, I hit spacebar again and the playbar stops.

Sometimes, (A) when the playbar is moving, if I touch down elsewhere on the timeline the playbar will instantly jump there and keep going from there. Other times, if I do that, (B) the touched place gets marked as a single-frame loop region but the playbar keeps playing as if nothing happened.

How do I tell Vegas to do (A)above, and how do I switch between these two types of playbar actions?

Thank you!

--KG

Return to posts index

Stephen Mann
Re: Playbar question
on May 22, 2014 at 2:51:43 am

It's called a Playhead (using the tape paradigm). When the playhead gets caught in a region, it means that you moved the mouse slightly, creating a loop region.

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index

Kelly Griffin
Re: Playhead question (try again)
on May 22, 2014 at 3:53:48 pm

Hey Steve--

I know how to make a loop region, but I can't figure out how your response answers my question.

Can you please look at the "A" and "B" scenarios I described? I'm trying to find out what makes the playhead either jump to a new indicated spot as it's playing, or not jump, and how to make it do one or the other.

Thanks,

--Kelly

Return to posts index

Stephen Mann
on May 22, 2014 at 4:47:54 pm

If you click ON an event, the playhead doesn't change, just the cursor. If you click anywhere outside of an event, then the playhead and cursor jump to that location.

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index

Kelly Griffin
on May 22, 2014 at 5:32:43 pm

Oh...

Okay, thank you!

--KG

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>