FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony DVD Architect / want to keep my file size for main video and smaller sizes for "extras"

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brent Holland
Sony DVD Architect / want to keep my file size for main video and smaller sizes for "extras"
on May 18, 2014 at 12:02:58 am

I am navigating my through making a doc for DVD. My doc is based on The 1st African American Secret Service agent handpicked by JFK.

- excerpt

I want to add an "extra" menu. The file I want to add to the extra menu is a .wav file of Abraham's 1st and 2nd interviews on my talk show Night Fright. They are audio only.

questions:
1.will .mp3 work? What will show on the screen if yes?
2. Am I better off "rendering a still frame shot " with the audio underneath? If yes, how do I keep the size of the file small.
3. My goal is to keep the main memory size of the DVD for the main doc. And the "extras" to a minimum.

Anyone have a tutorial for me to look at? Suggestions? Thank you to all in advance.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Sony DVD Architect / want to keep my file size for main video and smaller sizes for "extras"
on May 18, 2014 at 2:01:01 am

[Brent Holland] "1.will .mp3 work?"
While you can use an MP3 file as the source, DVD Architect will convert it to either AC3 or PCM Wave as these are the only acceptable DVD audio formats.
[Brent Holland] "What will show on the screen if yes?"
The screen will be black because there is no video.
[Brent Holland] "2. Am I better off "rendering a still frame shot " with the audio underneath? If yes, how do I keep the size of the file small."
Yes, if you want your audience to see something other than black you will need video. Rendering a still image will compress quite nicely. You can use a very low bit-rate like 2Mbps and probably have fine quality and only use about 17MB per minute of video.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]