FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas on 64bit Windows a tad laggy

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Morgan Lewis
Vegas on 64bit Windows a tad laggy
on May 17, 2014 at 1:54:36 pm

I've recently updated to Windows 7 from XP, using the same Vegas I used in XP, Pro 10C, but this time the 64 bit one.

I have 4 gigs of ram and an i5 quad core, Task manager doesn't say anything's maxing out, but while I work with vegas I usually have a text file open to make any notes I need, since moving to Windows 7 and the 64bit version every time I click my text file, or minimise Vegas, when I bring vegas back up the cursor turns to the busy animation for a second or so before I can continue using the program.

I can see this getting annoying in the future, what could be causing it to stall briefly like this when the CPU and RAM aren't being maxed out?

Return to posts index

Norman Black
Re: Vegas on 64bit Windows a tad laggy
on May 17, 2014 at 2:43:48 pm

In your preferences you can clear option for, Close media files when not the active application.

This will save time since Vegas does not have to check and re-open all the files. The only time you need this option checked, is when you want to edit a file Vegas is using, without closing Vegas, and then come back to Vegas.

Return to posts index

Morgan Lewis
on May 17, 2014 at 2:50:10 pm

That fixed the issue, thanks for such a quick reply. I don't think I'll ever need to edit a file vegas is using, but I'll keep that in mind if I do, cheers.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on May 18, 2014 at 8:10:35 pm

It would also be in your best interest to add a little bit more Ram.

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Film Editor & Compositor.
Filmex Creative Media.
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia
1-876-461-9019

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]