FORUMS: list search recent posts

Render Setting for going to BR Disk in DVD Arch

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Cobble
Render Setting for going to BR Disk in DVD Arch
on May 16, 2014 at 7:12:32 am

What setting should I render out to, for DVD Arch. There are so many choices. I am shooting and editing 1920x1080p. Use a bit of Cineform AVI in there also. I am wanting to burn a BluRay Disc to Archive a program - the best quality (1 hour program) that will fit on a 25gb single layer BR disc?
Thank You

PC 1
I7 2.8 Ghz 8GB Ram
Win 7 Pro 64bit OS
PNY Quadro K2000
PC 2
I7 3930K 3.2Ghz
32 GB Ram
Win 7 Pro 64bit OS
PNY Quadro 4000

3-4 TB HD
Vegas 10 64bit & Vegas 11 64Bit & Vegas 12 & Adobe Production Premium CS5.5.2 & Avid Media Composer 5.5

Camera
Sony EX1 shoot in 1920x1080 30P

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Render Setting for going to BR Disk in DVD Arch
on May 16, 2014 at 10:08:40 am

[Don Cobble] "I am wanting to burn a BluRay Disc to Archive a program - the best quality (1 hour program) that will fit on a 25gb single layer BR disc?"
I'm confused because you are talking about Blu-ray and Archive as if Blu-ray was an archive format. Blu-ray is a delivery format and you can use either use the MainConcept MPEG-2 encoder with the Blu-ray templates or use the Sony AVC encoder with the Blu-ray templates. Both will make a video appropriate for Blu-ray disc authoring in DVD Architect.

If you want to Archive your project onto Blu-ray as a storage media then just copy your original project folder to the disc and burn it. If you are looking for a good final render format for a master copy then I would suggest Sony MXF using the HD 422 50Mbps template. This is what we use to deliver shows to PBS and is very high quality from which you can create other delivery formats from quite easily.

Since you mentioned DVD Architect I assume you mean the former, i.e., you want to make a Blu-ray disc that will play in a Blu-ray player.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Don Cobble
on May 16, 2014 at 4:08:11 pm

[John Rofrano] "I'm confused because you are talking about Blu-ray and Archive as if Blu-ray was an archive format. Blu-ray is a delivery format and you can use either use the MainConcept MPEG-2 encoder with the Blu-ray templates or use the Sony AVC encoder with the Blu-ray templates. Both will make a video appropriate for Blu-ray disc authoring in DVD Architect."

Actually Sir John I was confused! I do want a best quality Blu-ray copy of final program that will play in a blu-ray player - BUT what I really was asking is what you suggested:

[John Rofrano] " If you are looking for a good final render format for a master copy then I would suggest Sony MXF using the HD 422 50Mbps template"

I am going to rendering one now at HD 422 50 - do i want progressive or interlaced? - the goal is to use for other delivery formats

I assume this will not play in a blu-ray? just for hold it in this form?

[John Rofrano] "This is what we use to deliver shows to PBS and is very high quality from which you can create other delivery formats from quite easily."

Thank You !!!!!

PC 1
I7 2.8 Ghz 8GB Ram
Win 7 Pro 64bit OS
PNY Quadro K2000
PC 2
I7 3930K 3.2Ghz
32 GB Ram
Win 7 Pro 64bit OS
PNY Quadro 4000

3-4 TB HD
Vegas 10 64bit & Vegas 11 64Bit & Vegas 12 & Adobe Production Premium CS5.5.2 & Avid Media Composer 5.5

Camera

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on May 17, 2014 at 2:52:36 pm

[Don Cobble] "I am going to rendering one now at HD 422 50 - do i want progressive or interlaced? - the goal is to use for other delivery formats "
I would use the Sony MXF | HD422 1920x1080-60i 50 Mbps template unaltered but that's just me. If your project and footage is progressive, you can certainly change the template to progressive.
[Don Cobble] "I assume this will not play in a blu-ray? just for hold it in this form?"
Correct it will not. This is just a high quality render for generating other delivery formats.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Don Cobble
on May 17, 2014 at 6:07:31 pm

[John Rofrano] "I would use the Sony MXF | HD422 1920x1080-60i 50 Mbps template unaltered but that's just me. If your project and footage is progressive, you can certainly change the template to progressive."

John Thank You! I don't want to sound like mickey the dunce, but as one poet said - "no question is foolish if you dont know the answer"

(Concerning I or P render) most of my footage are originally 1080 30p from EX1 then composited (due to keying) out with Alfa channel using cineform HDlink High setting. As best I understand I have chosen to render out 1080 30P from cineform, yet when I bring those renders back in to project they show up as I files? Having said that, those CF High clips with alfa are the primary content of my projects.
I rendered out MXF HD422 1920x1080 60I 50Mbps and on then veiwing it I am seeing a little bit of what I think are interlace lines and a very little jagged edges? any Idea why?

PC 1
I7 2.8 Ghz 8GB Ram
Win 7 Pro 64bit OS
PNY Quadro K2000
PC 2
I7 3930K 3.2Ghz
32 GB Ram
Win 7 Pro 64bit OS
PNY Quadro 4000

3-4 TB HD

Camera

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]