FORUMS: list search recent posts

SVP 13 jumbled preview pane

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Lindsey
SVP 13 jumbled preview pane
on May 15, 2014 at 11:55:44 pm

I just did a fresh install of SVP13 today. For some reason, when I have GPU acceleration enabled, the video in the preview pane is jumbled. If I switch to CPU, all is fine. I have 4x Nvidia 750ti's (which I use for cypto mining/not mining when this happens). The latest video drivers are installed from Nvidia. Any ideas? All four cards show up in the drop down, and I've tried each one with no luck. Thanks in advance!

7501_example.jpg.zip

Best regards,
Michael

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: SVP 13 jumbled preview pane
on May 16, 2014 at 2:00:28 am

I don't understand what I'm looking at in your JPG? Your cursor is over the very start and I can only see black. Also the JPG is showing the Preview Video Play controls in an odd position.

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Michael Lindsey
on May 16, 2014 at 2:11:51 am
Last Edited By Michael Lindsey on May 16, 2014 at 2:26:57 am

The preview window is really the issue I'm trying to show in the *.jpeg. As you can see, it's just showing random grey/black boxes and bits and pieces of the vegas GUI in random spots. Those move randomly around when I play the video. I've played around a little more, and I can make it go to colored static under some "preview device settings" (didn't note them). With GPU acceleration on, and displaying on a second monitor, the preview window returns to normal. Normal in that it is showing a very choppy blurry video in both the pane and the full second monitor/screen. If I just turn that GPU acceleration off, this simple clip plays very sharp and at normal speed as you would expect.

I've been reading a lot of posts about which cards can do what. Could this be a Nvidia 750ti Maxwell unsupported architecture issue? Could it be that I have 4 of those cards plugged in? I'm running Win7 64bit fully patched. Thanks!

EDIT for more info and grammar: I have two monitors plugged into two cards. The other two cards do not have monitors plugged into them. I'm not using SLI cables. It's an odd setup, but when not attempting to edit video, this machine is using the GPUs for mining crypto-currency....hence, all the cards.

Return to posts index

Michael Lindsey
on May 16, 2014 at 2:36:48 am

For troubleshooting purposes, I upgraded Quicktime. Someone said that fixed an issue where the preview window was "black". Not the same issue, and didn't fix the problem, but wanted to note it had been done.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on May 16, 2014 at 2:40:19 am

Ah right! This is way above my technical comfort zone. But.... you may have, as you've suggested, multi card issues which in turn are being made worse by your CPU handling power.

You're going to need to either wait around here, or ask this on the official Sony Vegas Forum and hope for some feedback.

Cheers

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Michael Lindsey
on May 16, 2014 at 2:50:10 am

Thank you, sir! I'll post over in that forum as well and hope someone smarter than me can help (I know they are out there). This weekend, I may have some time to pull out 3 of the cards just to see what happens. Based on what I'm reading: drivers, cuda/opencl/nvidia arch/et al play a role in whether or not GPUs help in rendering or playback. I haven't been looking too long, but I haven't seen a solid matrix of tech specs with my video setup working/tested for speed, so I may be on the bleeding edge of bugs and weirdness.

Thanks again, and hopefully, more will chime in this post in the next few days.

--Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]