FORUMS: list search recent posts

event disappears

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joost Zeeveneegelbeek
event disappears
on May 7, 2014 at 7:14:26 am

For the first time now during editing with Vegas Pro 12, I have events disappearing on me.

I have several events on the timeline. I pick an event further up on the timeline and copy or cut is, then paste it somewhere at the beginning of that same timeline. It appears on the timeline. The picture is shown on the timeline (thumbnail). Everything seems alright. But when I put the cursor on it, it is not shown in the preview window. It doesn't play when previewing either.

This does not happen every time. At first I removed the media from the project and re-imported it. This solved the problem, at first. Now it doesn't anymore. When I check the media on the disk, there seems to be nothing wrong with it. It plays flawlessly in Media Player. I can import it in another Vegas project and everything seems to work fine. Once I rendered it to avi, imported that on the timeline of the afore mentioned timeline, and presto: no problems.

Also, to complicate matters, when I copied an event (and pasted it somewhere else on the timeline) it sometimes "mixes" with an event I subsequently preview. The image flickers and shows part of the event on the timeline, but mostly the one that I copied earlier which is not on that part of the timeline, or even next to the event I am previewing.

As I said, this is new to me, and I have been editing with Vegas for quite some time now, also with Pro 12. Is this a Windows isssue or a Vegas issue? And how can I get rid of it?

Thanks for hanging in there and reading this whole post. Hope to hear from you soon.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: event disappears
on May 7, 2014 at 6:38:41 pm

I'm wondering whats the video format you are having this issue
with in Vegas? I know this happens at times when Vegas doesn't
sit well with peculiar video formats.
Did you try a re-install of Vegas?

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Film Editor & Compositor.
Filmex Creative Media.
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia
1-876-461-9019

Return to posts index

Joost Zeeveneegelbeek
on May 8, 2014 at 6:33:18 am

It's AVCHD that takes up most of the events on the timeline, and is the format that I am experiencing this with. It's a mix, however. There's also some HDV (1440) in the project.

Maybe it has nothing to do with it, but in properties I selected 50i because there's no 25p available, which is what I have been recording in, according to my A37. What came out of the video camera's is 50i, so I thought this would be okay, and better than selecting 24p.

I have not reinstalled Vegas lately. I did that in november and have not used it every week since. Is that something you should do more regularly than once a year?

Return to posts index

Joost Zeeveneegelbeek
on May 22, 2014 at 4:56:06 pm

I updated Windows (7), re-installed Vegas before and after that, but still, with whatever format I use, when I put a color match effect on it, it ultimately goes wrong.
The effect is visible at first. But when I copy it to put somewhere else on the timeline, the image is black. When I delete the effect and put it on the event again using a saved preset, the image stays black. In fact, in the video fx window, when the presets for color match are shown, it is already visible that the affected image will be black.
The source image is still on the timeline, and the effect does work on the event where it first sits. But after moving it, or after restarting Vegas, chances are the screen just goes black.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]