FORUMS: list search recent posts

.MOV file, AVC1 / H.264 Codec in Sony Vegas 9

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Kendall
.MOV file, AVC1 / H.264 Codec in Sony Vegas 9
on May 3, 2014 at 12:18:17 am

Bought a Canon 70d and using for some video projects. I'm importing the .MOV files into SVP-9 and at times everything plays and shows up fine. However I will be editing and all the sudden one of the files will not play at all and I get is a black screen. If I mess around long enough (delete it and re-import) I can get it to play again but eventually I'll have another file do the same later.

Does this have to do with the codec avc1 not being supported by SV? And if so is there any way around this other than converting tons of footage to something that plays in SV? I'm worried about losing video quality and the amount of time involved with that route.

Is there a simple download that will solve this issue again without having to convert files? I'm using a PC with windows 7, 64 bit OS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks..

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
Re: .MOV file, AVC1 / H.264 Codec in Sony Vegas 9
on May 3, 2014 at 1:11:19 pm

What version of QuickTime player are you suing?
What version of Pro 9 are you using?
9.0d had a fix for this. From the Readme file:
Corrected a problem that could cause black frames in MOV files after installing the QuickTime 7.6.6 update.

Return to posts index

Stephen Kendall
on May 3, 2014 at 1:38:39 pm

QT version 7.7.5. SVPro9e. Had QT version 7.6 and it was doing it also. Wondering if a newer version of SVPro would fix the problem?

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on May 3, 2014 at 2:04:42 pm

The 70d is a newer camera so odds are that you need a much newer version of Vegas to be able to effectively deal with the files from that camera.
The good thing is that, as a registered user, you can get Pro 13 Edit for the introductory price of $125 U.S.
More details on the various upgrade packages are at http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/buy/upgrades
Download the trial version and see what you think of it.

Return to posts index

Stephen Kendall
on May 3, 2014 at 2:10:16 pm

Got it thx!

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on May 3, 2014 at 2:14:31 pm

Good luck. I've heard a lot of very positive things about Pro 13 on here and other Vegas forums.

Return to posts index

Stephen Kendall
on May 3, 2014 at 5:41:39 pm

That's what it appears to be. SVP13 played it smoothly and everything showed up fine. Time to upgrade. Thanks again for the help!

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on May 3, 2014 at 8:19:45 pm

Glad to hear that you found a solution. Enjoy your new toy :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]