FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't render a video longer than 14 hours?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Myers
Can't render a video longer than 14 hours?
on May 2, 2014 at 6:21:26 pm

I have a issue with Sony Vegas, the problem that I have is that I can't render a video that's longer than 14 hours.

I have a project that is 18 hours long, but I can't finish it cuz it keeps giving me a error pop up ''an error occurred while creating the media file'' when it hits the 14 hour minute mark of the video during the rendering. I know because I have tried this so many times by lowering the length of the video up to 14 hours 30 minutes, and it still crashes ones it hits the 14 hour minute mark.

I have tried using different Different Computers/Laptops @ work, but with no luck.

This makes me think that the max render length is 14 hours? but there are people out there that were be able to render videos with 24 hours.

I hope that you can help me with this issue becuase I am dealing with this problem for a week now, and I have tried multiple ways, but I can't get it to work.

specs:
I5 2400
GTX 570
20 GB
2TB free space

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Can't render a video longer than 14 hours?
on May 2, 2014 at 6:50:27 pm
Last Edited By Steve Rhoden on May 2, 2014 at 6:52:01 pm

14 hours? Personally never produced any one project
that long before.... Only in increments.

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Film Editor & Compositor.
Filmex Creative Media.
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia
1-876-461-9019

Return to posts index

Andy Myers
on May 2, 2014 at 7:29:53 pm

Thats a shame, I'm rly hoping that someone has done/tried this before.

There is like no information about this that I can find on the internet. I have tried to contact the person who managed to make a 24 hour long video, but I highly doubt that he would respond. I'm even still waiting for a reply by Sony self.

The closes I could find was this, and where you actly said that Vegas ha no length limit

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/24/951759

That guy who managed to make a 24 hour video made it with Sony Vegas 10, but he didn't say which version he was using in the description. I wouldn't understand why 11 or 12 wouldn't support this. Unless I'm missing plugins for this to work? Or maybe the rendering settings?

I'm Always using the mainconcept mp4, and even tried to mess around with the render options just by dropping the bit rate to its lowest so the rendering won't take forever to try it out if it will error on that 14 hour mark or not.

Return to posts index

Dave Haynie
on May 2, 2014 at 10:23:43 pm

If there's any significant rendering, color correction, etc in your project, you might try rendering out to an intermediate form in a couple of pieces, assemble those in a new project, then render the final. It's possible you're hitting a bug in some plug-in or another that's not usually found with more typical rendering times.

I have used this technique to get past this sort of bug in the past.

-Dave

Return to posts index

Andy Myers
on May 2, 2014 at 10:45:18 pm

I understand what you mean, but I alrdy tried something familiar like that.

The ways that I tried is remove all project n such, and start fresh. Use 1 image or video, and stretch / make copys all the way to the 14 hour minute mark and start rendering, I tried this multiple times.

Sadly the results are the same, and it just errors up @ the 14 hour.

I had a ''wav'' render running today, and it just finished w/o giving the error, but that's just sound tho.

Return to posts index

Norman Black
on May 3, 2014 at 6:44:53 pm

You may have hit an internal file size limitation on the video file. Actual file size, or the max number of frames in a file or possibly other things we do not know about.

You never mentioned what your render parameters were.

Return to posts index

Andy Myers
on May 3, 2014 at 8:33:46 pm

By parameters you mean my settings right? Sorry, I should have put those in.

http://gyazo.com/be4ec8b94fe4aabe9550f46088975049

They are just basic settings that I Always use for any video that I render. (The bit rate is at lowest cuz it's just testing renders)

I highly doubt that there is a file size limitation when it comes to rendering a file.

Also I forgot to mention that when I render the real deal (18 hours), and it hits that 14 hour mark (70%ish) it suddenly restarts the rendering at 0% for some reason (no error or anything). By watching the preview you can see that it restarts from the beginning, and it works its way up again.

The current render time just continues to count forwards, and the ETA time changes dramatically in hours. I tried to w8 that one out, but it didn't finish, and gave me the error ones it reaches one point.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on May 4, 2014 at 10:55:23 am

This is just a wild guess but try unchecking Enable progressive download in your render settings. I assume that this setting must put something at the beginning of the file that tells the player how big the file is and perhaps whatever is keeping track of that doesn't support lengths greater than 14 hrs? ...like I said it's a wild guess. ;-)

Also try other render formats just to see where the limitation is.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]