FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone have an opinion on GeForce GTX 750Ti?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Francis
Anyone have an opinion on GeForce GTX 750Ti?
on May 1, 2014 at 11:58:55 am

Saw they have a good deal at Newwegg on this...

Any thoughts for SVP13? I am Currently using a Radeon HD 6870.

Looking for PREVIEW improvement, NOT GPU rendering...

Thanks

Scott Francis
Mind's Eye Audio/Video Productions

Return to posts index

Dave Haynie
Re: Anyone have an opinion on GeForce GTX 750Ti?
on May 1, 2014 at 2:53:07 pm

I would wait for some actual benchmarks. Looking at the GTX 750Ti vs. the HD 6870, I have a belief it would be somewhat faster at Vegas operations (eg, the stuff Vegas does internally that determines editing and part of rendering performance), but it's hard to say for sure. On low-level OpenCL benchmarks, there's no clear winner between the two.

-Dave

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
on May 1, 2014 at 8:35:30 pm

Thanks Dave, any thoughts on what WOULD increase my preview quality in a GPU?

Thanks

Scott Francis

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on May 2, 2014 at 1:34:24 am

[Scott Francis] "any thoughts on what WOULD increase my preview quality in a GPU?"
The Radeon HD 6870 is one of the faster cards that Vegas Pro supports for timeline GPU acceleration. I doubt that any NVIDIA card is going to be faster. Vegas Pro uses OpenCL for timeline acceleration and as Dave said, the benchmarks are about the same for the two cards.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Dave Osbun
on May 2, 2014 at 10:57:48 am

John is correct. I have a Radeon HD7850 and my preview, set on best at all times (and a larger size in a second monitor configuration), is perfectly fluid with no artifacts.

Dave

Return to posts index

Dave Haynie
on May 5, 2014 at 3:28:13 pm

You could get faster timeline acceleration going to a faster AMD GPU. They pretty much scale up as long as you go the same-or-higher class of GPU as well as upgrading the generation (eg, in the HD6870, "6" is the generation, "8" is the major class, and "7" is the subclass... my HD6970 is a bit faster at most things).

However, you will lose GPU accelerated rendering on Main Concept AVC if you go beyond the HD6xxx series with AMD or the GTX5xx series with nVidia. And as it's been outlined here repeatedly, there are some mysterious issues with nVidia's more recent GPUs and OpenGL... older cards often go faster, and not just in Vegas.

So I've been looking at faster cards.. but speed isn't really a problem in most cases -- I'm usually going at a full frame rate on typical video projects. I've been kind of waiting to see which direction Sony goes on future GPU stuff, but given the latest "nothing new" answer, I'd say you're safe with a higher end 5xxx or 6xxx series AMD, and even better with a 7xxx or R9 series AMD, but that might slow down AVC rendering (might not, it depends on your CPU and the project specifics).

-Dave

Return to posts index

Dave Haynie
on May 5, 2014 at 3:30:25 pm

I should also point out that, at least in my case, my system supports up to 4 GPU cards. So I could add a R9 290 or some-such and still keep the HD6970 around IF it proved the better card for AVC rendering. Kind of a waste of power otherwise, but possible.

-Dave

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
on May 5, 2014 at 10:53:34 pm

Thanks Dave,
Really appreciate it.
My ONLY concern is video preview. I often have 4-10 HD streams that i cut back and forth from (in a multicam/multi-take event) and need to be able to preview well. Crossfades KILL me and even RAM - preview is iffy at times.
I see there are 7000 series, R7 and R9 AMD GPU's, and significant increase in preview quality?
I also have issues when I bring in audio (most often 12-14 tracks with FX's) in addition to video...stuff grinds to a halt and crashes often....

Thanks for you help!
Best

Scott Francis

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]