FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stretching my 1.85:1 to 16:9

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Garðar Garðarsson
Stretching my 1.85:1 to 16:9
on Apr 30, 2014 at 3:41:05 pm

Hi. A long time reader and first time poster.

I have a annoying problem.

I have 1.85:1 material shot from a Canon C300 and it is stretching to 16:9.

I'm guessing this is a straightforward no-brainer issue but I'm wrapped up in so many things at the moment I can not at this point think straight.

I've been trying to google the problem but all google finds is how to crop HDSLR footage etc.

I'm thinking I may have a bad codec, or simply my properties settings are wrong:

Template: Custom (1920x1080 25,000fps)
With: 1920
Height: 1080
Field order: None (progressive scan)
Pixel aspect ratio: 1,0000 (Square)
Output rotation: 0° (original)
Frame rate: 25,000 PAL
Stereoscopic 3D mode: Off

Pixel format: 8-bit
Compositing gamma: 2,222 (Video)
Full-resolution rendering quality: Best
Motion blur type: Gaussian
Deinterlace method: None

BOX NOT CHECKED: Adjust source media to better match project or render settings.

*** Note.
I'm not trying to put letter boxes on top and on bottom, I just want the footage not to be stretched.

When I change the properties settings to 1920x1040 for example it simply crops into the footage when I go to 1.85:1 Academic aspect ratio in Pan/Crop. When it's at default it leaves black space at the sides.

Can someone point out to me what may be the problem?

P.S. When I play the media in VLC it also stretches to fill out my monitor at 16:9, not the original 1.85:1 (the reason I'm thinking bad codec).

I am using Vegas Pro 11

Thank you.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Stretching my 1.85:1 to 16:9
on May 4, 2014 at 11:05:43 am

[Garðar Garðarsson] "I have 1.85:1 material shot from a Canon C300 and it is stretching to 16:9."
What is the Pixel Aspect Ratio of the footage and is Vegas Pro detecting it correctly? I know nothing about the Cannon XF codec but usually stretched video is caused by using the wrong PAR.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]