FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Architect Pro vs. DVD Architect Studio video quality

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victor Seckeler
DVD Architect Pro vs. DVD Architect Studio video quality
on Apr 29, 2014 at 5:15:24 pm

Is the DVD and Bluray video quality produced by a standalone DVD Architect Pro the same as as the video quality of DVD Architect Studio and are the differences more having to do with menu creation, etc? I note that the Pro has Main Concept encoding noted on the website description, but Studio does not. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Stephen Mann
Re: DVD Architect Pro vs. DVD Architect Studio video quality
on Apr 29, 2014 at 9:31:45 pm

If you are letting DVDA encode or recompress your video, then you are starting out compromised. If you deliver DVDA compliant MPEG and AC3 files to DVDA, then no recompression will be needed and both DVD and DVDA Studio will produce identical results.

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index

Victor Seckeler
on Apr 29, 2014 at 9:52:19 pm

Thanks. I was coming out of an Avid Media Composer with a QuickTime Reference movie. If I put it into Architect Pro and let it do the encode -- selecting a high data rate for a Bluray -- it seems to do a very good job. Are you suggesting that it is inferior to other encoders and that I necessarily should compress it first?

Victor Seckeler

Return to posts index

Stephen Mann
on Apr 30, 2014 at 2:21:38 am
Last Edited By Stephen Mann on Apr 30, 2014 at 2:23:21 am

Generally, yes. Can't Avid export MPEG and AC3 files? At least the MPEG file - no audio. I'll let DVDA recompress title menus and the audio, but never the main program.

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]