FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas 12 photo project

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Warren
Vegas 12 photo project
on Apr 29, 2014 at 1:30:01 pm

I don't do a lot of these and have a few questions. I know you can set the photos to length and overlap when bringing into the timeline but can I change the photo length and crossfade length to the entire track without doing for each individual photo?

Also how can I make for example 50 pictures match the length of 2 songs for example 8 minutes in duration??

Thank you!!!

Greg

Return to posts index

Jorma Nippala
Re: Vegas 12 photo project
on Apr 29, 2014 at 2:24:50 pm

See John Rofrano's post http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/24/977746

Return to posts index

Greg Warren
on Apr 29, 2014 at 6:56:31 pm

John

Thanks for the response. I ended up buying Still Motion and viewing online video on the app. Here is my question...my client gave me 500 pics that are not in good order. I have them on the Vegas timeline in the order I need but the lengths, overlaps and music are not what I need.

For me to use still motion I will need to "re-number" the photos in the order I need correct?

Greg

Return to posts index

Andrew Lenczycki
on Apr 29, 2014 at 2:45:00 pm

You can do both!

I am working off Vegas Pro V10 at work here. You would need to go to Options|Preferences then select the Editing tab. On this tab, set the New still image length (seconds) value to the amount of time you want each your pictures to display for. Next make sure the Automatically overlap multiple selected media when added checkbox is selected, then set the Cut-to-overlap conversion (seconds) to the amount of time you want your photos to overlap when going from one to the next. Keep in mind this will only work with media added after you make this preference change. Once back on your timeline, select groups of pictures by using the Shift+Click (for contiguous pictures) or the CTRL+Click (for non-contiguous files). Once you have selected a group of pictures selected (they will be highlighted in blue), left-click on the first picture filename and drag it to your timeline (which will bring all the other pictures you selected as well). The selected pictures will be the length of time you specified, and be overlapped by the amount of time you specified in the Editing preferences.

Now, adding your second question to this, if you added a quantity of pictures (say to Track 1) that you wanted to last the duration of a song on Track 2, if the pictures' total time is too short, you would want to "stretch" their total duration to match that of your song. If the total time was too long, you would want to "shrink" their total duration to match the song length. To do this, left-click (select) the first picture you want included in this group, then Shift+Click the last picture you want in the group. Their outlines should all go from white to blue (indicating you have selected a group). Now press the G key, which creates a GROUP. Next, move your mouse over the right-most picture in your group, along it's right side border. You mouse cursor should turn into a box with a double-ended arrow coming out of the box. Once you have this, hold down the CTRL key while holding down the left mouse button. You should be able to drag to the right and the entire group of selected pictures will "stretch" (proportionally) to the length you drag to, or move the mouse cursor left to (proportionally) "shrink" the group of pictures' total length. When you get them to match the length of your song, let go of the left mouse button, then the CTRL key. BAM! Done.

Andrew Lenczycki

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]