FORUMS: list search recent posts

Batch encoding question

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan McRobb
Batch encoding question
on Apr 28, 2014 at 12:13:00 am

This is probably not a Vegas question, but does anyone know a way in which the audio can be stripped from multiple video files, whilst retaining the same file name?
The files are currently in their native camera *.MTS file format, which Vegas works with nicely.
It would be ok to change file formats to another Vegas friendly format, but hopefully also being able to retain the file name(obviously the extension would change)!

I probably should have waited until I finished encoding everything before I named all the files, but there's hoping I don't need to!

Thanks everyone

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
Re: Batch encoding question
on Apr 28, 2014 at 3:26:55 am

Place all the clips on the timeline, create regions above the clips, and use Batch Render script to render regions to files. This method is free, but you must rename files after rendering. Commercial batch render tool allows you to automatically do it, you don't need to create regions and rename the files.

Return to posts index

Ryan McRobb
on Apr 28, 2014 at 4:01:24 am

Thanks Aleksey.
I am aware of this feature and I am avoiding it because I find the batch render feature to be buggy, and also it doesn't name the files.

Even the commercial version, to my understanding, requires that the regions be named so the outputted file names are the same as the regions. Either way I will have to rename all the files, whether it be in the timeline or in Adobe Bridge.

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
on Apr 28, 2014 at 5:00:26 am

With Vegasaur you don't have to create and name regions. Simply add all your files to the render queue, specify render template and that's it. Your output files will be named automatically
It has free 30-day trial period, so you can test it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]