FORUMS: list search recent posts

jumbled audio on usb 3 drive

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Antonio Salva
jumbled audio on usb 3 drive
on Apr 27, 2014 at 2:10:04 pm

I recently upgraded my computer to an I7 with an SSD c drive. When I play back imported audio from a CD on an external USB 3 drive the audio plays back jumbled even including dialogue from other video clips within the same project. I believe this to be something with the USB drive because the same thing happened on my older computer and stopped when I transferred the files to the local drive. Am I missing some sort of box I need to check to properly stream from the external USB 3 drive? It won't even play the two track stereo file properly while the dialogue plays correct from a video track at the same time, while both are playing. The wav files don't seem to play properly. Any advice appreciated. I'm using the internal soundcard from the Dell laptop but I believe this to be a problem with the hard drive because I encountered this problem on an older computer using a really good soundcard. Should I use a ESATA drive instead? Thanx Tony

Return to posts index

Antonio Salva
Re: jumbled audio on usb 3 drive
on Apr 27, 2014 at 4:15:01 pm

I'm sorry I forgot to mention that Iam using Sony Vegas Pro 12. What are peoples opinion on the stability of this program? It is running a lot less stable than version 8 for me. I just brought a new machine because I wanted smooth playback of my video, unfortunately I ended up with an nvidia card and the program hasn't operated as smoothly as I thought it would. It is a Dell m4800 laptop , with an I7 processor. I thought handling audio should be no problem. Thanx for any insight into how I should set up my laptop to run in a most efficient manner. Thanx Tony.

Return to posts index

Bill Burnette
Re: jumbled audio on usb 3 drive
on Apr 29, 2014 at 2:49:06 am

One possibility is file system corruption, which you can check for using the Windows check disk utility ("check now" under [tools] of the drive's properties).

Another possible candidate is the .sfk & .sfap0 (and some other .sf suffixes) files that vegas creates when it sees an audio track for the first time. Removing the .sfk/.sfap0 files will force vegas to recreate them. How could they go bad? Sometimes, renaming or replacing the original filenames causes vegas not to update the corresponding .sf files (because of file timestamp confusion). The .sf files appear in the same folders as the files containing the audio. Note, video files contain audio, and have .sf files.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]