FORUMS: list search recent posts

How solve the problem with WAV in SVP 13?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
leaning less
How solve the problem with WAV in SVP 13?
on Apr 23, 2014 at 6:08:43 pm
Last Edited By leaning less on Apr 23, 2014 at 6:13:33 pm

WAV-files from ZOOM are opening incorrectly both in Vegas 12, 13. The sound is reproducing fragmentically, channels are mixed, the waveforms are also displayed fragmentically. In Premiere tracks playing normally. How should I solve this problem in SVP 13?

General
Complete name : G:\19.10.2013\1день\звук\4CH000M.wav
Format : Wave
File size : 34.7 MiB
Duration : 3mn 9s
Overall bit rate mode : Constant
Overall bit rate : 1 536 Kbps
Producer : ZOOM Handy Recorder H4n
Encoded date : 2013-10-19 10:49:33
Encoding settings : A=PCM,F=48000,W=16,M=stereo,T=ZOOM Handy Recorder H4n

Audio
Format : PCM
Format settings, Endianness : Little
Format settings, Sign : Signed
Codec ID : 1
Duration : 3mn 9s
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 1 536 Kbps
Channel count : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Stream size : 34.7 MiB (100%)

Return to posts index

Dave Haynie
Re: How solve the problem with WAV in SVP 13?
on Apr 28, 2014 at 5:41:15 pm

Hmmm... I have the same recorder, never had an issue with sound... and that includes 40-50 track mixing projects in Vegas 12.

Here's the problem I have: your waveform files. There are numerous realtime issues that can prevent Vegas (or any program) from playing audio back glitch-free in realtime. But none of those involve Vegas's processing the audio to build the waveform previews -- that's not a realtime operation, and will succeed even if the driver were too slow for realtime playback. That suggests that whatever's wrong, it's real, at least to Vegas, not an artifact of playback.

A couple of things. Have you tried these in Vegas without any other assets, plug-ins, etc. Start a new project somewhere else, to force Vegas to rebuild its waveform files. Try that from a different disc. Try re-acquiring the audio files from the H4n SD card. If you have the SD card in an SD drive on your PC, maybe try a CHKDSK... I ran into a problem a couple of months ago with a dying SD card. Didn't really expect that to ever happen, but sure enough, it did.

Playback issues can be other things on your system misbehaving, bad audio drivers (particularly MCI drivers, you might want to switch to ASIO and add a large buffer size, just to see what happens).

If you do have it playing back successfully in Premiere, try rendering it out from Premiere to a new file, but otherwise unchanged. If there was some kind of corruption in the file that Vegas can't handle but Premiere can, that ought to fix it.

That's all I got for now.

-Dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]