FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need Quick Assist with Comcast Upload Problem.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Matson
Need Quick Assist with Comcast Upload Problem.
on Apr 21, 2014 at 3:25:25 pm

Ok - got three 30 sec spots trying to upload to Comcast. They keep getting rejected. First time because it was progressive scan and than want interlaced/upper. No problem, I re-export int/upp and re-send. Now they are reporting back "Frame Rate: Values did not match (expected 29.97, detected 59.94)" ... Well of course ... i exported at 29.97 but being interlaced is giving 59.94. Do I need to actually cut the export frame rate in half again? Down to 14.985 ?

Please Advise. TIA!

KenM
Sound Works R&P

Return to posts index

Ken Matson
Re: Need Quick Assist with Comcast Upload Problem.
on Apr 21, 2014 at 3:41:53 pm

little more info ..... media info shows it as frame rate of 59.94 with "original frame rate" of 29.97 ????? If I export at 14.985, it shows frame rate of 29.97 with original frame rate of 14.985, but looks horrible ... like 14 fps!

What am I missing here?

KenM
Sound Works R&P

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Apr 21, 2014 at 4:23:58 pm

It's hard to help without knowing more about what you are doing.

Can you answer these questions?
  • What are the attributes of your source video? (resolution, frame rate, video format, etc.)

• What are your project settings? (a screen shot would be great)

• What render type and template are you using?

• What are the video/audio specifications that Comcast is expecting?

From that we can try and figure out what might be going on and point you in the right direction.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Ken Matson
on Apr 21, 2014 at 4:31:54 pm

Video is mostly Vegas text, some png/jpg stills, and a couple short clips of 1080 quicktime mov from a stock site.

Project is set as 1080i upper 29.97.
I export it the same way ... 29.97 upper, 1080i and then meidainfo will show it as frame rate of 54.94 with "original frame rate" of 29.97. Here are specs from vegas template.

"Audio: 192 Kbps, 48,000 Hz, 16 Bit, Stereo, AAC
Video: 29.970 fps, 1920x1080 Upper field first, YUV, 36 Mbps
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.000"

Comcast wants 1080i/upper at 29.97.

HTH! and THANKS!

KenM
Sound Works R&P

Return to posts index

Angelo Mike
on Apr 21, 2014 at 4:35:37 pm

Does the Comcast spec sheet say what codec and container to render to? I recently had to do this and I had to render in MPEG2 for Comcast.

Return to posts index

Ken Matson
on Apr 21, 2014 at 6:00:47 pm

Well - on the phone they said they take mp4 (which is what I'm doing ) though it does say mpeg 2 on their spec sheet.

The real question I have at this point is why does vegas make a 59.94 frame rate when I export an mp4 at 29.97?

Return to posts index

mark thompson
on Apr 22, 2014 at 6:20:57 am

Ken,
I found a spec for: Comcast AdDelivery Lite File Format Specification. Are you using that spec? In that it highlights MPEG-2 Transport Stream as the recommended format. The closest to that I could find was the: Sony AVC/MVC (*.mp4,*.mt2s,*.avc) Template. Then pick: AVCHD 1920x1080-60i. This says its frame rate is 29.970 (NTSC).

On that sheet they imply that Progressive is acceptable (1280x720)! Otherwise they propose 3 QuickTime formats.
Of course ignore that if that is not the spec you are required to comply with.
mark

Return to posts index

Ken Matson
on Apr 22, 2014 at 1:59:52 pm

Thanks ... but question ... how is AVC the same thing as MPEG-2 ? When I think of MPEG-2 I think of an mpg file used for a DVD. N'est pas?

I get really confused between all this crap and what goes with what, what is part of, or the same as, or imbedded in something else, etc.

KenM
Sound Works R&P

Return to posts index

mark thompson
on Apr 22, 2014 at 11:16:10 pm
Last Edited By mark thompson on Apr 22, 2014 at 11:54:57 pm

Ken, MPEG is a standards committee, the Motion Picture Experts Group. They publish standards for encoding video/audio, e.g. MPEG-1, MPEG-2. MPEG-4,... these are usually ever more sophisticated. MPEG-2 Transport Stream is a container format for wrapping all of the above standards (and more besides). AVCHD is the latest format, it stands for Advanced Video Codec High Definition.
Upon further review ... although you do need MPEG-2 TS and my suggested template will give you that, I now don't believe that will help.

Have you tried the Mainconcept 1080-60i Template ? HDV because that uses MPEG-2 TS. ?

I looked on their Website and they publish a spec for how to use Vegas. It is not a public one so you will have to access it.

Return to posts index

Angelo Mike
on Apr 21, 2014 at 6:15:50 pm

Can you post screencaps of your media properties, project settings, and render settings, and post them?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]