FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas BMPCC ProRes

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anand Prahash
Sony Vegas BMPCC ProRes
on Apr 19, 2014 at 2:51:15 am

All,
My friend gave me footage to edit from his Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera which was recording in the ProRes format (so the file type is a .mov) Whenever I try to open this footage in Sony Vegas Pro 12, I get an error message stating that Sony Vegas cannot open the file. Note that I DO have the latest version of Quicktime installed (which I installed 30 minutes before attempting to open the ProRes footage). Someone please help me and show me how to open and edit these clips.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
Re: Sony Vegas BMPCC ProRes
on Apr 19, 2014 at 9:30:15 am

The latest version of QuickTime is not necessarily the best choice. I found a BMPCC file on the web and was able to play it in Pro 10 with no problems using QT player 7.6.8
I recommend uninstalling your current version and installing an older one.
You can find 7.6.8 and other older versions at http://www.oldversion.com/windows/quicktime/

Return to posts index

Anand Prahash
on Apr 19, 2014 at 4:01:42 pm

The weird thing is that when I was running Sony Vegas Pro 12 build 367, I edited .mov files easily from a Canon 5D MKIII. I don't remember having to mess with anything to do it either. Now I am running build 770 and I can't even import the .mov clips from the BMPCC into Vegas Pro 12 Build 770. Let me try your advice and report back.

Return to posts index

Anand Prahash
on Apr 19, 2014 at 4:04:14 pm

Are you sure you aren't editing DNGRAW footage from the BMPCC? I am trying to edit ProRes .mov Can you send me a link to the footage you tested with?

Return to posts index

Anand Prahash
on Apr 19, 2014 at 4:08:27 pm

YOU ARE A BLOODY GENIUS SIR! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! YOU DO NOT EVEN KNOW HOW HELPFUL YOU HAVE BEEN! THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED. FOR ANYONE JUST READING THIS, KNOW THAT THE LATEST VERSION OF QUICKTIME DOES NOT HAVE WHAT YOU NEED TO EDIT .MOV IN SONY VEGAS PRO 12. YOU NEED TO GET VERSION 7.6.8

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Apr 20, 2014 at 11:07:30 am

Anand, I'm glad that my suggestion worked for you. It's well know within the Vegas community (and Apple too for that matter) that newer versions of QuickTime have a very bad habit of breaking compatibility.

Return to posts index

Norman Black
on Apr 19, 2014 at 2:00:50 pm

I downloaded some Black Magic camera ProRes 4K files from this link

http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16615

and they play fine in my Vegas 12 and 13. I have Quicktime 7.7.4.

Return to posts index

Anand Prahash
on Apr 19, 2014 at 4:06:26 pm

My internet is WAY too slow to download something that big.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]