FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas Pro 12.0 was successfully installed problem!

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ludvig Andersson
Vegas Pro 12.0 was successfully installed problem!
on Apr 18, 2014 at 11:59:05 am

Hi! So I have this problem. When I try to install Sony Vegas Pro 12, when it is at "Preparing to install Sony Vegas Pro 12.0." It says "Vegas Pro 12.0 was successfully installed. But it isen't installed when I check the installation directory. I have tried Vegas Pro 12.0 Build 770 64 bit and Vegas Pro 13.0 Build 290 64 bit. Both do the same. I have tried installing on the D disk and the C disk. Both do the same. D has 88gb free space and C has 16gb free disk space. I have also cleaned my registry and cleaned temporary files. I have tried running as administrator and I have tried running as Windows Vista Service Pack 2 and all that. What is the problem?

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
Re: Vegas Pro 12.0 was successfully installed problem!
on Apr 18, 2014 at 3:09:37 pm

You don't say how big your hard drivers are but my guess is that you don't have enough free space on either of them for a successful install.
BTW, it's good practice to install all programs on drive C and no where else.

Return to posts index

Ludvig Andersson
on Apr 18, 2014 at 10:40:18 pm

The whole C disk is 53gb and the whole D disk is 542gb. Also, my dad told me to only have Windows and drivers on C and programs and stuff on D. He is pretty good when it comes to computers so I listen to him. Is there any solution. This does not always happen. But when it doesn't, I get a message that says "ERROR: -2147163964 occured during installation

There was an error creating a temporary file that is needed to complete this installation."

Return to posts index

Nigel O'Neill
on Apr 19, 2014 at 12:21:43 am

Is your anti-virus running? It may be detecting the installation as an attack. Try temporarily disabling it.

Secondly, you need to run the installation as an administrator, i.e. right click the installation/setup executable and select 'run as administrator'. If it prompts you for a password, you may have to ask your dad for one :-)

My system specs: Intel i7 970, 12GB RAM, ASUS P6T, Vegas Pro 12 (x64), Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, Vegas Production Assistant 1.0, VASST Ultimate S Pro 4.1, Neat Video Pro 2.6

Return to posts index

Ludvig Andersson
on Apr 19, 2014 at 7:25:56 am

I have tried disabling my anti-virus and running as administrator. Same thing happens there, "Vegas Pro 12.0 was successfully installed!"

Return to posts index

Dave Osbun
on Apr 19, 2014 at 11:45:40 pm

Your system is Windows Vista???? Why???
It is solo old and quite possibly the worst OS ever created.
Does Sony list it as a compatible OS?

Dave

Return to posts index

Ludvig Andersson
on Apr 20, 2014 at 8:27:27 am

It's Windows 7. I tried running it as Windows Vista.

Return to posts index

Ludvig Andersson
on Apr 22, 2014 at 9:12:22 am

I have re-installed my Windows but the same thing happens. The message that says "There was an error creating a temporary file that is needed to complete this installation." does not come up anymore. But it just says "Vegas Pro 12.0 is successfully installed!" but it actually isen't. What's the problem?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]