FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas Crashes when Rendering

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Seiji
Sony Vegas Crashes when Rendering
on Apr 16, 2014 at 8:11:57 pm

Hi!
I've been using Sony Vegas Pro for around a year, and every issue I ever had with render crashes could be solved by applying solutions I found on the Internet.

However, this time I have done everything I was able to find and nothing seems to work. Vegas renders normally other projects, but this specific project never gets past 49%, as Vegas always shows the "stopped working" message.

I've tried to turn Off GPU Acceleration, use CPU only to encode, change output format, use compatibility mode, use Explorer Suite, use different video drivers, set dynamic preview to 0 or 200, and set rendering threads to 2 or 1. Unfortunately, nothing worked.

As a last resource, since I was desperate to get it working, I tried to split the project and render it separately. Firstly I thought splitting it in two would do, but it didn't. I had to split it in five pieces for it to work, since it always crashed at some random part. Only after it all had been rendered, I realized that some parts of the video had their effects totally into chaos. That was due to a really long video event which had a FX that would restart every time I split it. Thus, this solution wouldn't work as well, and since it took me two days to do all that, I think there must be some quicker way.

Therefore, I really wish someone here at CreativeCow may be able to help me, since I just don't know what to do to get my project rendered anymore. This is my first post here, and I don't really know what specifications about my computer will help you discover what my problem is, nor where to specifically find them. But here goes the ones I am able to find:

Windows 8.1 64 Bits, Intel Core i5-3470s CPU 2.90 GHz Processor, 8GB of RAM, 846GB of free space left.
I use Vegas Pro 12.

If you need other specifications, please tell me where to find them since I'm a noob at computer stuff. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Sony Vegas Crashes when Rendering
on Apr 16, 2014 at 9:03:16 pm

That then sounds like a particular effect/filter you have placed
on the timeline is causing you worries.
Remove all effects off all the events and try rendering out the
full project again, and see if you can figure out which one may be
causing this rendering glitch.

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Film Editor & Compositor.
Filmex Creative Media.
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia
1-876-461-9019

Return to posts index

David Seiji
Re: Sony Vegas Crashes when Rendering
on Apr 16, 2014 at 9:54:16 pm

Thanks for the reply!
There's something I forgot to mention: even when not rendering, Sony Vegas crashes a lot on this computer, something it didn't do when I had Pro 11 on a 32-bit Windows 7 notebook. The crashes happen even more often when I'm working with BCC8 effects. Moreover, the render crashes usually happen in frames which use BCC effects, even though that's not always the case.
Also, I did have BCC8 on my notebook as well and it almost never crashed. I even thought about rendering my project on my notebook, but since I made this project on Vegas Pro 12, Pro 11 doesn't accept it (and its 32-bit system won't accept Pro 12).

Yes, without any effect, it rendered smoothly. But I wonder, since I was able to render it all after splitting it, could it really be only one effect that is causing all that trouble? I mean, it stopped working at several different points of the video at many of the split parts of the project.
In any case, if I had to pinpoint one effect, I think it would be that long one that takes up the whole project: a BCC beat reactor wave effect. But this effect is the soul of the video itself, removing it would put all my work to waste... Can't there be another way to make it all work?
Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]