FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fix Saturation and Gamma Problems?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Curtis Upshall
Fix Saturation and Gamma Problems?
on Apr 11, 2014 at 2:46:02 pm

I've been working on a video all week, and I've finally rendered it, but the saturation is much greater than what the preview is showing. I like the flat look I'm seeing in the preview window, but the output file is over-saturated. In the output file, I've even had to add a Levels effect where the gamma is boosted to 1.500. The preview window has all of the filters except the gamma boost, the output file does show the gamma boost. What can I do to make sure I get what the preview shows? Is there a specific number I should set a saturation or gamma filter to? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Norman Black
Re: Fix Saturation and Gamma Problems?
on Apr 11, 2014 at 4:04:41 pm

It sounds like you have a levels problem. You can check this with the video scopes. Your source video is probably full range but nearly all final encodes want studio range.

It is a complicated mess with Vegas.
Preview window - wants full range
most encodes - want studio range

The usual correction is to add a computer to studio levels effect on your video.

Return to posts index

Curtis Upshall
on Apr 12, 2014 at 3:38:11 am

I've added the filter, and have even boosted the gamma, but I'm not getting the flat look that I liked in the preview. Here's an example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lka209bh2iq6jyl/lighting%20thingy.png
What should I do? Will enough filters do the trick? There are already color curves and color corrections on the video layer too.

Return to posts index

Roger Bansemer
on Apr 11, 2014 at 4:05:30 pm

Maybe you should cut down on the saturation and not so much on the gamma. I also view my finished video on the free to download Sony XDCam viewer which is quite nice for checking the finished projects.

Roger Bansemer - PaintingAndTravel.com

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Apr 12, 2014 at 12:38:06 am

Also, whats the format you are rendering out to when you notice this?

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Film Editor & Compositor.
Filmex Creative Media.
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia
1-876-461-9019

Return to posts index

Curtis Upshall
on Apr 12, 2014 at 3:29:16 am

Internet Video HD 1080p. It's an MP4 format and I'm viewing it back in Windows Media Player and I'm using Vegas Pro 11.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]