FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas Workflow

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Forest Anderson
Sony Vegas Workflow
on Apr 8, 2014 at 9:09:29 pm

I am moving over to Sony Vegas from premiere pro to edit my gaming videos. This is mainly because Vegas can handle variable frame rates from webcams whereas premiere cannot.

My work flow from premiere pro was add the video with the audio from the game, then add my mic audio onto a third track (I had to do it this way as premiere doesn't recognize the 2 audio channels that Dxtory creates, so I would extract the 2 streams from the clip before I imported them into premiere). Then I would take the entire sequence I created, and throw it back into the source monitor, to pretend that this was a pre-rendered clip and so I could just go through, set and in and out at parts I liked, drag that onto the timeline, and find the next part.

Basically what I'm asking is how would I go about doing this in premiere: bringing in my footage from the game with the 2 audio channels, syncing up the webcam, and then going about editing. I know how to bring it in and all and put it on the timeline, but i don't want to have to just trim the thing on the timeline... I'm looking at approx. 20-30 cuts each movie, and I believe there to be a simpler way like in Premiere pro.

Any advice?

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Sony Vegas Workflow
on Apr 8, 2014 at 11:00:08 pm

If you have a simple workflow using Vegas and can handle what
you throw at it, Why trouble yourself by trying to simplify it
in Premiere....Just work with Vegas.

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Film Editor & Compositor.
Filmex Creative Media.
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia
1-876-461-9019

Return to posts index

Forest Anderson
on Apr 8, 2014 at 11:05:38 pm

Well I originally used premiere, and am now just trying Vegas. I already have the workflow down in Premiere, just not Vegas. I want to use Vegas because it handles webcam footage much better.

Return to posts index

Norman Black
on Apr 9, 2014 at 2:46:32 am

[Forest Anderson] "Basically what I'm asking is how would I go about doing this in premiere: "

I think you must have meant how to doing this in Vegas and not Premiere. Yes/No?

You used the word. Sequence, in your description. Vegas does not have something like sequences in Premiere. Vegas does have nested projects which might fit the bill.

In a project load and get everything lined up how you want. Now save that project. You can now create a new project and import the saved project directly to your timeline, just like a media clip/file.

You can always, re-edit and change the original project from the timeline by simply right clicking the media/event and select, Edit Source Project.

You can get more information about nesting projects in the help file. Help topic, Nesting Projects.

Return to posts index

Forest Anderson
on Apr 14, 2014 at 4:26:33 pm

Yes, after reading it again, I was talking about trying to figure out how to do it in Vegas, not premiere. After some more research, looks like the easiest way out of my predicament would be to use the s key to split the clips instead of trying to use the source monitor. Would this be a good idea?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]