FORUMS: list search recent posts

Easy Way to add effect to all clips w/o changing pan/crop?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Matson
Easy Way to add effect to all clips w/o changing pan/crop?
on Apr 8, 2014 at 7:31:47 pm
Last Edited By Ken Matson on Apr 8, 2014 at 7:32:40 pm

I have a slide show with hundreds of stills ... all set with individual zooms/pans. I'd now like to add a Gaussian Blur to every clip/event but have it go in before the pan/crop on each one. Any way to do this easily?

Thanks!

KenM
Sound Works R&P

Return to posts index

Matt Carlson
Re: Easy Way to add effect to all clips w/o changing pan/crop?
on Apr 9, 2014 at 4:05:10 am

The short answer is no. One of Vegas' problems is the lack of pasting specific attributes to events. Over the years I suppose Vegas editors have changed their workflows to do pan crop changes last.

The long answer is yes. With extension programming we have removed this particular obstacle of pasting effects.
Here is a step by step guide to solving your problem.

1) Download 7338_vegasapplicationextensions.zip
Extract the "Vegas Application Extensions" folder to your Windows "My Documents" folder (overwrite if asked.)

2) Start Vegas and go to the menu Tools -> Extensions and choose Vegas Black Tools.

3) Black Tools will open up in a docking window (which of course can be docked where you want) and will start on the "Selected Events" tab which is where you want to be. Select the event with the Gaussian Blur you want to copy and hit the "Copy" button in Black Tools. The first available memory button will turn green. (A small thumbnail of the frame at the cursor position will be added for mouse over identification.)

4) Select all of the events you want to paste to and hit the "Paste" button.

A few extraneous notes about the Paste Memory buttons. You will notice that there are twelve of them. Currently the memory bank is bugged so it will not "roll over" to a new bank if you go beyond twelve. By selecting a memory button (or having one filled by "Copy") it will turn bright green. This means it is ready for paste. If you click a bright green button again it will turn bright blue. This means instead of replacing effects it will add them to event's chain when pasting. By clicking a bright blue button it will turn red. This means the "Copy" button will use this button to save instead of the next available one.

Gaussian Blur is an OFX plugin so you will have no problems. The workflow for non-OFX plugins is slightly more complicated and hopefully with Vegas 13 none of this will matter anyway.

Return to posts index

Luisa Enriquez
on Feb 19, 2016 at 3:09:48 pm

Hi there! I still have Pro 11. I already have my media cut in multiple pieces (events). The thing is I forgot to apply saturation changes (before). Since from the media window one is able to select all events (from the same media), I want to believe there is a way to edit them all when selected, is it not? How to do so?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Luisa Enriquez
on Feb 19, 2016 at 5:14:03 pm

OMG I just found my answer in this thread: https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/24/951125#951126 :) It is indeed possible to add effects directly on media. Never mind, sorry.

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
on Apr 9, 2014 at 7:26:53 am

You can drag the blur effect on the selected clips in the timeline.
Alternatively, you can add blur to the Track FX.
But if you really need to add it BEFORE Pan/Crop - only scripts, as far as I know.
Effects tool in Vegasaur can add effects and place them before/after Pan/Crop

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]