FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Event FX missing controls

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rudy Berman
Video Event FX missing controls
on Apr 3, 2014 at 7:28:22 pm

I am unable to make changes to any fx in this window. I have tried ctr + shift to reset everything, I have even reinstalled the program and still nothing. I don't know really what to do at this point, I'm still new to the program. Thank you in advance for any help.

Return to posts index

Rick Anvican
Re: Video Event FX missing controls
on Apr 3, 2014 at 9:18:16 pm

Hi Rudy,

the Video Event FX looks like you're using Sony Color Corrector and the Event Pan/Crop tool + plugin chain is missing, does this happen to all video event FX windows? What about transitions and media generators?

Has it been like this since you started Vegas for the first time?

Also, what build of Vegas are you using? Latest is b770 which has been very stable for me.

RickAVC

Return to posts index

Rudy Berman
on Apr 3, 2014 at 9:36:27 pm

"the Video Event FX looks like you're using Sony Color Corrector and the Event Pan/Crop tool + plugin chain is missing, does this happen to all video event FX windows? What about transitions and media generators?"

This does happen with all video event FX windows and with transitions and media generators.

"Has it been like this since you started Vegas for the first time?"

It has and I never really used any of these features until now, just very basic things, like I said I'm still very new to this.

"Also, what build of Vegas are you using? Latest is b770 which has been very stable for me."

I am using b770 on a windows 7 64 bit and it seems to work fine outside of this. Again thank you for your time to trying to help me.

Return to posts index

Rick Anvican
on Apr 3, 2014 at 11:30:55 pm

[Rudy Berman] "I have even reinstalled the program and still nothing."

Did you at least restart inbetween uninstall and reinstall? How are the other windows(e.g. Track Motion, Render As) looking like?

Do all event FX windows look like the one in your uploaded image (where there are the tabs Parameters and Custom) or do they vary - like are some of them empty or have other tabs?

Check if you have the latest .NET Framework installed (v4.5), if you have previous versions of the .NET Framework (e.g. v2, v3) installed then leave them installed as they might be depended on older apps.

When I used an earlier build of Vegas 11, timeline GPU acceleration made my Video Event FX windows empty, so I disabled it and it worked. I highly doubt this, but you might want to try disable GPUA? (Options-->Preferences-->Video(tab)-->GPU Acceleration of video processing(set to OFF))

Return to posts index

Rudy Berman
on Apr 4, 2014 at 4:39:54 am

Did you at least restart inbetween uninstall and reinstall?

Yes I did.

How are the other windows(e.g. Track Motion, Render As) looking like?

They seem to look fine, here's track motion

Do all event FX windows look like the one in your uploaded image (where there are the tabs Parameters and Custom) or do they vary - like are some of them empty or have other tabs?

They all look like that or appear to.

Check if you have the latest .NET Framework installed (v4.5), if you have previous versions of the .NET Framework (e.g. v2, v3) installed then leave them installed as they might be depended on older apps.

I am having trouble installing one of the security updates for 3.5.1 so I'll get back to you when I resolve that, but I am up to date otherwise.

When I used an earlier build of Vegas 11, timeline GPU acceleration made my Video Event FX windows empty, so I disabled it and it worked. I highly doubt this, but you might want to try disable GPUA? (Options-->Preferences-->Video(tab)-->GPU Acceleration of video processing(set to OFF))
No luck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]