FORUMS: list search recent posts

Monitor problems

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Bansemer
Monitor problems
on Apr 2, 2014 at 11:55:51 am

I know this is off topic but hoping someone has an answer.
I use a Sony 42" television monitor to edit. It's about 7 years old now and it has begun to flicker but the flicker is only on part of the screen and is intermittent.
Is this just old age and might it be repaired? Any thoughts on what's going on with it?
Here's a video link to what it looks like. Other than the normal flicker caused by shooting video of the monitor, you'll see the image of the lantern severely jitter.
Thanks
Roger

Roger Bansemer - PaintingAndTravel.com

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Monitor problems
on Apr 2, 2014 at 12:39:06 pm

Check 1 : Unplug and re-seat Cabling to Screen input and PC output.

Still persists?

Check 2 : It's a TV, does it flicker WITHOUT the PC connected and viewing TV? If so then there's an issue with the PC signal/cabling or joint.

Still persists?

Check 3 : Temporally switch to another PC. Does that Flicker? If not then look to original PC for issues.

Check 4 : Temporally swap-to ANOTHER LCD screen.

Can't think of any further than that? other than a "Bad-Cap" going on the inside of the LCD screen. I've repaired these and brought a screen back from the dead using a 20p replacement capacitor.

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Roger Bansemer
on Apr 2, 2014 at 2:44:10 pm

Thanks Graham. All good suggestions. I'll begin to give them a try.

Roger Bansemer - PaintingAndTravel.com

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Apr 2, 2014 at 10:06:40 pm

Since it's a TV I would run some other signal through it (like the HDMI out of your camera or DVD player) just to see if it's the backlight that's flickering. I had the backlight fail on two of my Samsung monitors and it was a known issue so they replaced it for free but backlights do go after a number of years and they flicker just like a fluorescent light right before they die.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Apr 3, 2014 at 3:27:32 am

Could be the light, proper. But could be the power cap for the ballast. I tracked mine by just seeing the erupting top of the capacitor and another where the actual side of the cap had exposed away. Better left to the supplier! I did mine 'cos I am inquisitive.

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]