FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apparent Rendering Stalling

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Mantaratz
Apparent Rendering Stalling
on Mar 31, 2014 at 9:05:39 pm

I had posted recently about issues with computer performance and also experienced this new situation I thought important to share.

My latest project consists of SD footage, still JPG low res images with a good deal of SONY FX, Boris 32 bit FX and composting.

The project is 5 minutes and like the other project I was working on the rendering would stall at various points in the timeline. This being a less CPU intensive project I was able to render out 2 minutes at a time as compared to about 20 seconds.

The render process would appear to halt, no count down or percentage increase even if left for hours. After repeated fails I began to notice that the rendered files were actually completed despite SVP still showing frozen. Not always true but it did happen with no rhyme or reason.

What is curious is that until I forced closed SVP via task manager all the windows apps and screens had multiple images and acted very strange. The Resource monitor would show almost no activity and it was barely using much of the 12 cores.

Project media matched the render settings of WideScreen Mpeg 2.

Here's hoping someone can shed some light...

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Apparent Rendering Stalling
on Mar 31, 2014 at 9:12:11 pm

I can bet you something is off with your installation,
or something installed is causing a particular conflict with Vegas!

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Film Editor & Compositor.
Filmex Creative Media.
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia
1-876-461-9019

Return to posts index

Joe Mantaratz
on Mar 31, 2014 at 10:01:54 pm

Steve any ideas on how to narrow it down?
These are all fresh installs and a brand new system.
I'm at the point where I would pay to ship it out and have it checked out.

Return to posts index

Joe Mantaratz
on Apr 1, 2014 at 1:54:50 pm

I just noticed as well that HITFILM no longer loads and starts, only the flash page. (I purchased the Suite)

Could antivirus be at fault?

I'm about at the point of facing reloading it all again, but as I recall when I purchased Boris Red and BCC there was a problem with their install process and the ability to integrate into SVP. Had to do the install with their tech on the line to get the FX to appear in SVP.

Thanks again

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]