FORUMS: list search recent posts

Plugin compatibility confirmation for Newblue 3d Transitions / FilmConvert on Vegas 12?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Anvican
Plugin compatibility confirmation for Newblue 3d Transitions / FilmConvert on Vegas 12?
on Mar 27, 2014 at 5:47:36 am

Hi all,
had Vegas Pro 12 trial (b770) installed recently with Vegas 11 (b683/x64) still intact as well as previous installs of plugins, can anybody confirm for me the versions of FilmConvert and Newblue 3D transitions that work with Vegas 12 please? I'm having trouble starting Vegas 12 mainly because of a crash when loading DirectX plugins due to the Newblue plugin and the Filmconvert plugin fails to load when creating video effects factory. Both plugins are working fine in Vegas 11, FilmConvert 1.34 and Newblue 3D Explosions/Transformations 1.4. Thanks in advance,

RickAVC

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Plugin compatibility confirmation for Newblue 3d Transitions / FilmConvert on Vegas 12?
on Mar 27, 2014 at 8:16:10 am

FilmConvert has a Vegas OFX version. Are you using the OFX. Or installed the Standalone? Or have one of the other NLEs and using FC under those conditions?

OK, here's my non-experiential response:

1] Should you be conforming VP12 and OFX Plugin for Vegas?

2] Should you rather be using the OFX flavour of NB Plug? I've read that OFX NB is more flexible.

It sounds like you are using a mix of DirectX and possibly OFX within VP12.

As I say I don't have your workflow - no FilmConvert here . . - but I have been slowly moving away from DirectX and towards OFX.

As to whether this WILL improve your issues, no idea, but getting all your Ducks In A Row would at least remove this as an issue. If you still get the issues then contact NewBlue support directly - they are very very helpful.

HTHs,

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Rick Anvican
Re: Plugin compatibility confirmation for Newblue 3d Transitions / FilmConvert on Vegas 12?
on Mar 27, 2014 at 9:25:12 am

Hi Graham,
thanks for the tips, I have been looking to get the OFX versions of the Newblue plugin, the FilmConvert plugin is OFX, I doubt that there's a way to disable certain plugins in Vegas, I think I'll try to uninstall Newblue and reinstall FilmConvert to see if it works.

RickAVC

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Mar 27, 2014 at 12:47:48 pm

Cheers

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Mar 27, 2014 at 12:59:37 pm

Personally, i think having Vegas 11 and Vegas 12 installed with a
complex array of advanced plugins and trying to get this working
with that......Is begging for trouble!

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Film Editor & Compositor.
Filmex Creative Media.
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia
1-876-461-9019

Return to posts index

Edward Troxel
on Mar 27, 2014 at 6:30:18 pm

Rick, all NewBlue plugins will work in Vegas Pro 11 and 12.

Edward Troxel

Return to posts index

Rick Anvican
on Mar 27, 2014 at 9:08:26 pm

I've got to keep Vegas 11 for compatibility with previous projects, might install Vegas 12 first then the plugins and see how that goes...

Return to posts index

Norman Black
on Mar 27, 2014 at 10:30:46 pm

[Rick Anvican] "might install Vegas 12 first then the plugins and see how that goes...
"

If you have installed the OFX versions of the plug-ins they might just show up in Vegas 12. No need to install.

OFX plug-ins are installed into a common folder independent of the application VP11 or VP12 folders. At least all my NewBlue OFX plugs-ins are installed this way.(\program files\common files\ofx\plugins)
They automatically showed up in Movie studio when I still had MS12 installed.

Return to posts index

Rick Anvican
on Mar 27, 2014 at 11:14:18 pm
Last Edited By Rick Anvican on Mar 28, 2014 at 4:59:41 am

Hi Norman,
Thanks for bringing that up, I'll check later, but considering that Vegas 12 crashed when it was loading DirectX plugins, and the faulting modules were specifically the Newblue plugins, I'll see how Vegas goes anyway after uninstalling them.

EDIT: I only had the DirectX version installed (v1.0), I uninstalled it and now Vegas 12 crashes because of KERNELBASE.dll.

Return to posts index

Edward Troxel
on Mar 28, 2014 at 3:02:00 pm

Our installers include both DirectX and OpenFX. Here's the guidelines for installing into Vegas.

http://support.newbluefx.com/newbluefx/topics/which_option_should_i_choose_...

If you have both versions installed, I would recommend rebooting, then uninstall, then install again making sure you choose only the OpenFX version.

Once installed, it will show up in all supported versions of Vegas (i.e. the OpenFX version will automatically show up in 10, 11, and 12) so there's no need to reinstall after installing a new version of Vegas. They will automatically already be there.

http://support.newbluefx.com/newbluefx/topics/in_vegas_what_is_the_differen...

Edward Troxel

Return to posts index

Rick Anvican
on Mar 28, 2014 at 10:17:24 pm
Last Edited By Rick Anvican on Mar 29, 2014 at 11:29:33 am

Hi Edward,
thanks for your method, I've trying your method now but I'm suspecting that some other DirectX plugin may be causing this but I'm not sure which one because the faulting module is always KERNELBASE.dll (which the dll is not corrupted when checked through SFC), but I've read from another thread concerning Vegas 12 crashing when initializing DirectX plugins and it was the Newblue plugins that were causing crashes.

EDIT: Apparently, Newblue Titler Pro 2 was causing problems, the other Newblue plugins were fine, Vegas 12 now loads up and is usable, although after I uninstalled and reinstalled Titler Pro, it presents me with a message saying "Titler can't work due to low GPU capabilities" in both Vegas 11 and 12, I'm using Geforce GTX550Ti, used to previously work without problems on Vegas 11.

EDIT: Reinstalled Titler and now working, thanks Edward, also thanks to others who responded.

Return to posts index

Edward Troxel
on Mar 31, 2014 at 1:37:24 pm

Glad to hear it is now working. If you have any issues, feel free to contact NewBlue support.

Edward Troxel

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]