FORUMS: list search recent posts

vegas pro 12 avchd 1280x720p rendering template

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Howard Steiger
vegas pro 12 avchd 1280x720p rendering template
on Mar 27, 2014 at 2:15:25 am

I film using a Panasonic gh2 with a high performance patch some call it a hack installed. I film in 720p because I do a lot of slo motion work. I also film in 60 fps. I finally stumbled upon a template that gives me a 1280 x 720p 60fps mts file out of vegas. I am not concerned with rendering speeds its quality that Im after. I rendered out a half hour piece and the finshed mts file was 5.50 gigi in size. My issue is I prefer to use nero for my blu ray burning. I have read many times that rendering to architect is the way to go for less compression. When I used my custom template I changed the bit rate from the default 16,000,000 to 25,999,000. My thinking is sice my projects are high bit rates natively so this would be better quality. Am I missing something? Is architect the way to go for less loss in compression? should I give up on third party for my blu rays? The thing is I cant make a custom template to export to architect that will aloow me to keep 60fps. When I try to change the default from 30fps to 60fps it errors out. The quality of this test blu ray was good but Im wondering if Im compressing it too much for maximum quality. I would prefer to render right off of vegas 12s timeline for blu ray but you cant do it with 720p at 60fps. I know Ive asked a lot of questions but answers to any of them would be greatly appreciated. I just want the best quality 720p 60fps dvds and blu rays I can possibly get and I will do whatever that takes including buying different software if necessary but I want to definitely continue editing with vegas I love the interface. You guys are the experts and I appreciate any insight. Thanx

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: vegas pro 12 avchd 1280x720p rendering template
on Mar 27, 2014 at 11:03:18 pm

[Howard Steiger] "The thing is I cant make a custom template to export to architect that will aloow me to keep 60fps. When I try to change the default from 30fps to 60fps it errors out."
Here is what you need to do:
  1. Start with the Sony AVC template called: Blu-ray 1920x1080-60i, 16 Mbps video stream and press the [Customize Template] button
  2. Change the Frame Size to: High definition (1280x720)
  3. Change the Frame Rate to: 59.940 (Double NTSC)
  4. Rename the template to say: Blu-ray 1280x720-60p, 16 Mbps video stream and press the [Diskette] icon to save it.
  5. Press OK
You will now have a DVD Architect template for Blu-ray that renders to 1280x720-60p.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Howard Steiger
on Mar 28, 2014 at 4:12:53 am

I will try and test this as soon as i can. Thank you so much for helping. Ill.let u know if i pull it off. Like i said in my original post id prefer to not use architect for burning but are u saying i have to in order to pull this off? Thanks again

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Mar 28, 2014 at 10:25:31 am

[Howard Steiger] "Like i said in my original post id prefer to not use architect for burning but are u saying i have to in order to pull this off?"
The DVD Architect templates provide Blu-ray compliant files that any professional Blu-ray authoring program should be able to use. The template only renders the video stream. You need to render the audio stream separate as Dolby Digital AC3 and give it the same name but with the .ac3 extension.

I don't know if Nero can deal with individuals streams. If not, you can try adding the audio to the video template by enabling it on the audio tab of the template. This will cause the audio to be re-rendered in Nero so the audio quality may suffer. This is why DVD Architect uses individual streams (so there is no loss).

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]