I've been researching and experimenting to attempt to discover why the system is choking on masking. The project I am working on consists of SD video and JPG pics all recently converted to a lower size format.
The media all matches the project settings of Widescreen 1.21.
There are some FX on event level, color correction, Boris Red FX etc.
With everything loaded up I can play the timeline fairly well until the mask is invoked.
In addition now that I am in the rendering phase I have discovered that Vegas will not crash but will suspend somewhere in the midpoint of the project. So I started taking smaller and smaller sections to render out in an attempt to find the source of the problem. So far nothing.
The task manager does reveal that of the 12 cores only about 7 are being used and those sparingly. I've attached the images for Processes, Services, Performance and SVP.
Someone that has a better grasp on this may be able to spot the problem. Here's hoping anyway.