FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Gliding Text" Effect?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Curtis Upshall
"Gliding Text" Effect?
on Mar 25, 2014 at 2:20:14 pm

I'm working on a ten second intro clip for a video and I wanted to have some text pan in to the middle. However, I wanted the text to decelerate as it got to the middle, similar to how a car rolling down a hill would slowly and gradually come to a stop. How can this be done?

Return to posts index

Norman Black
Re: "Gliding Text" Effect?
on Mar 25, 2014 at 4:39:54 pm
Last Edited By Norman Black on Mar 26, 2014 at 4:49:06 pm

There are four text plug-ins in Vegas and you did not mention which you are using but an answer is mostly the same for all.

NewBlue titler Pro has a Fly-in animation which can be used.

For others...

You need to use Keyframes on the X position of the text. To get a gradual slowdown you can first try to change the keyframe curve type by right clicking the keyframe point and changing to something like fast fade.

If that does not give you want, then multiple control points to delay the point of the slow down might get you what you want. In other words, for a period of time you might want a constant speed and then a slow down. From the first to second keyframe would be constant/linear and then you would do your fast fade.

If that does not give you what you want, then you will have to play with the curve shape manually. In titles and text you click the curves button in the bottom right of the window and then on each keyframe point right click and select manual or split manual and then edit the curve shape with the bezier control points.

Lastly Titles and Text has predefined animations for slide in different directions. There is no control over the animation except for event length. To get what you want you will likely need a couple of adjacent events. I did this once with the fall down animation to control the speed of the fall down effect.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]