FORUMS: list search recent posts

CTRL + Selection Edit Tool bug is driving me insane

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cosmin Gurau
CTRL + Selection Edit Tool bug is driving me insane
on Mar 21, 2014 at 6:41:13 pm
Last Edited By Cosmin Gurau on Mar 21, 2014 at 7:06:57 pm

I'm a long time Sony Vegas Pro user. I'm working on version 12 right now.

This issue has been frustrating me for years. Years. I just learned to work around it, but I just can't anymore. It's quite simple, and I don't understand why NOBODY else complains about this, as I found 0 results about this problem.

Say I just selected a few events by dragging the selection edit tool on top of them. Okay. No problem there. Now I wanna select more. So I hold the ctrl key, and just drag and select again, right? WRONG. The new selection keeps flashing, flickering, as events get selected and unselected randomly with an amazing frequency. When I let go of my mouse button, it just selects randomly a few of the second group of events that I wanted to add to the selection. In other words the first time round the selection of events is reliable, the second(and so on) consistently UNRELIABLE. What gives, Sony? How can I fix this? And don't tell me that the selection edit tool is only supposed to be used ONCE, because it's bull. There is no reason whatsoever that it SHOULD behave this way.

Return to posts index

Edward Troxel
Re: CTRL + Selection Edit Tool bug is driving me insane
on Mar 21, 2014 at 7:13:20 pm

Never tried that. In fact, I don't even use the "selection edit tool" at all. I either CTRL-click to select or use Excalibur's section tool.

Edward Troxel

Return to posts index

Norman Black
on Mar 21, 2014 at 7:29:21 pm
Last Edited By Norman Black on Mar 21, 2014 at 7:47:46 pm

I did not even know there was a selection tool. I have just used Shift and Ctrl clicks to do multiple selection.

Anyway, while trying this I do see that an attempt at a second range selection with Ctrl pressed does not entirely work as you state it should work.

Note that Sony does not document that this should work the way you state. What they do document is that a single click with Ctrl will add/remove a single event from the selection and this does work reliably as documented.

The flicker seems to be Vegas selecting/deselecting the extra events while the mouse button is held down with Ctrl given the documented mode. Ctrl drag is clearly not supported. Only Ctrl click.

Return to posts index

Roger Bansemer
on Mar 21, 2014 at 7:29:31 pm

I use the selection tool only when I want to move a large selection of video but mostly I use the "normal edit tool" with the ctrl key to grab a group of events and after they are selected I use the shift key to select other events to add to that group.

Roger Bansemer - PaintingAndTravel.com

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Mar 22, 2014 at 10:53:53 pm

Never knew that an issue lies there....But i
understand your frustration.

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Film Editor & Compositor.
Filmex Creative Media.
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia
1-876-461-9019

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Mar 23, 2014 at 6:42:00 am

Have you ever reported this to Sony?

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Film Editor & Compositor.
Filmex Creative Media.
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia
1-876-461-9019

Return to posts index

Cosmin Gurau
on Mar 23, 2014 at 5:20:22 pm

No, how do I do that? Do you think they'll listen or respond?

Return to posts index

Cosmin Gurau
on Mar 31, 2014 at 12:33:18 am

Okay, I did file a report and I am waiting for a response...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]