FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Memory Record Unit MRC1 Power Issue

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Bennett
Sony Memory Record Unit MRC1 Power Issue
on Mar 19, 2014 at 10:32:02 pm

Out shooting one day when suddenly my camera would not record when I pushed the REC button on my Sony Z7. The display on the MRC1 was flashing "REATTACH POWER". I did all the normal things; power down, power up, remove unit, reattach unit, replace battery on cam, yell at it, etc. Tried it on 2 other cameras and it would not function. The pins all look pretty straight but not perfectly straight. Nothing to suggest it would not make contact once connected.

Sony will charge $135 to check it out, fix or no fix. Or $135 per hr plug ship/handling.

Before I send in, any suggestions?

Thanks.

Ken Bennett
Video Adventures
Capturing Your Life's Adventures!

Return to posts index

Ken Bennett
Re: Sony Memory Record Unit MRC1 Power Issue
on Mar 19, 2014 at 11:13:58 pm

Rechecking the situation with my one sick MRC1 unit, it does power up and will play
back video from a card in the unit while on the camera. I can manually record to the unit from the unit itself but not from the camera. Hence, it will not record from the camera controls. So pushing the record button on the cam does nothing.

Ken Bennett
Video Adventures
Capturing Your Life's Adventures!

Return to posts index

Nigel O'Neill
Re: Sony Memory Record Unit MRC1 Power Issue
on Mar 20, 2014 at 2:17:33 pm

On the plus side it still records :-)

Sounds like the slightly bent pins could have shorted something and the unit is no longer receiving power properly. At least you can also still run it off the L battery, albeit a second one.

You could try an electric contact cleaner on the contacts, but use it very sparingly and with extreme caution as some of these can be corrosive to PLASTIC.

I use a Data Video DN60 recorder on my Sony Z1P which has an inoperative tape mechanism. I mount it in the accessory shoe. I control recording from the unit itself, and take extra care to make sure it is running. Been burnt by not checking that properly once.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]