Need Some Assistance with TV Specs

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Norm Kaiser
Need Some Assistance with TV Specs
on Mar 19, 2014 at 1:18:48 am

Hello!

And please...help!

I'm preparing video for a TV station and just received their spec sheet. Most of it is pretty straightforward, but there's a few items I'm not sure about -- especially as far as encoding it in Vegas goes. Can someone help me?

OK...here's the spec:

MPEG2
29.97 fps
720x480 Anamorphic 16x9
(may be 720x512 with CC)
Interlace
9 min to 15 max mbps
CBR
Transport stream file
4-2-2 Color
IPPPPPP frames (to assure good timing of in/out points)

So my question is how to encode the last two specs. How do I get Vegas to encode the 4-2-2 color? And the IPPPPPP frame thing...yeah...that...totally lost on that.

How do I set Vegas to encode to these specs?

Help!

Thank you so much!

Return to posts index

Norman Black
Re: Need Some Assistance with TV Specs
on Mar 19, 2014 at 1:57:48 am

For Mainconcept mpeg-2 encoder.

On the video tab
To get 4:2:2 color you need to select High or 422 in "profile"

Set B frame to 0.

To select a transport stream that is on the system tab.

Return to posts index

Norm Kaiser
on Mar 19, 2014 at 2:31:51 am

From one Norm to another, thank you!!!

Now...the bit rate...using the Main Concept encoder, it doesn't look like it can go up to 15Mbps. Looks like the max is 9.8Mbps. Am I right? Is there some way I can correct that?

Also, on the PROFILE where it says HIGH, right next to it is a dropdown labeled LEVEL. Should that be set to HIGH as well?

Return to posts index

Norman Black
on Mar 19, 2014 at 2:48:52 am

Output type mpeg-2 allows higher bitrates. If you start with "program stream NTSC ..." that selects DVD output type which limits you to DVD max bitrates which are 9 peak and a much lower average. 9.8 is really high for SD material, even without B-frames.

I don't know what the file output type differences are between DVD and MPEG-2 output types. Different output types can output to different file containers. You never spec'd what file type you needed.

I don't know about the level setting, but the help file (? button) seems to indicate Main should be fine there.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]