FORUMS: list search recent posts

Accessing Boris BCC 8 effects crashes Vegas? / Any way to limit certain FX to one of two versions of Vegas?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Anvican
Accessing Boris BCC 8 effects crashes Vegas? / Any way to limit certain FX to one of two versions of Vegas?
on Mar 18, 2014 at 9:44:32 am
Last Edited By Rick Anvican on Mar 18, 2014 at 10:23:17 am

Hi all,
Previously I had Boris BCC 7 working on my system with Vegas Pro 11 (b683/x64) working well, just came across BCC's new plugins so I thought I trial BCC 8, which after installation, accessing certain BCC effects at any time such as Artist's Poster would crash with KERNELBASE.dll/ntdll.dll errors (sometimes access violations when opening projects using BCC effects), and the new effects would give me StackHash errors. I've uninstalled BCC8 but the problem retains even after a system restore to the day before. Running SFC scan at the moment, reinstalling Vegas/BCC later...

I'm planning to start new projects on Vegas 12, but keeping Vegas 11 for legacy project compatibility so if the above problem can't be fixed, then would someone have a way where I could do a limited install of BCC8 to Vegas 12 in that it doesn't load in Vegas 11?

Thanks in advance.
RickAVC

EDIT: SFC found corrupt files and fixed them all successfully, but problems remain.
BCC7 was reinstalled and all is working again. Is it because BCC requires an uninstall of the previous version prior to installing the newer version, rather than just installing the new version over the old one?

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Accessing Boris BCC 8 effects crashes Vegas? / Any way to limit certain FX to one of two versions of Vegas?
on Mar 18, 2014 at 10:25:31 am

"then would someone have a way where I could do a limited install of BCC8 to Vegas 12 in that it doesn't load in Vegas 11?"

That's not possible!
Boris support however has a cleaner, you can contact them to send it
to you. Use it to rid your system of all things Boris and then do a fresh install.

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Film Editor & Compositor.
Filmex Creative Media.
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia
1-876-461-9019

Return to posts index

Rick Anvican
Re: Accessing Boris BCC 8 effects crashes Vegas? / Any way to limit certain FX to one of two versions of Vegas?
on Mar 18, 2014 at 10:47:14 am

Hi Steve,
Oh well, I'll try uninstall BCC7 first then install BCC8 (I know the copy of the BCC8 trial I have is working), if that doesn't work then I'll try your suggestion, since I know how to get BCC7 back to its working state. I got startled when I saw the dreaded DLL and StackHash errors. It's just that Vegas 11 has been working without major problems for a little more than a year since I installed BCC7 and it got along with other older plugins, does take some commitment and time for fresh installs, but hopefully this turns out well. Thanks again Steve,

RickAVC

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Mar 18, 2014 at 11:05:21 am

I'm surprised that the BCC8 installer didn't ask you to uninstall BCC7 first. I have never had them both installed. I always uninstall the older version before I install the newer one. See if doing this fixes the problem.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Mar 18, 2014 at 11:45:59 am

No Prob!

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Film Editor & Compositor.
Filmex Creative Media.
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia
1-876-461-9019

Return to posts index

Rick Anvican
on Mar 18, 2014 at 12:14:35 pm

Hi John,
Yeah this copy of the BCC8 trial I got doesn't ask for uninstall of previous versions first (its v8.0.1). Back when I first tried BCC7 and after I purchased my copy, I just installed it over the trial without uninstalling and that worked fine, I've made sure that the BCC8 trial works on another computer, will try again later in the week, thanks,

RickAVC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]