FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing ALL R3D media without going through individual folders.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will Kee
Importing ALL R3D media without going through individual folders.
on Mar 15, 2014 at 9:34:49 am

Is there any way to import ALL R3D media into Vegas Pro 12 without going through each individual folder and sub-folder etc? It's taking me 10-20 minutes to import my footage this way.

Thanks,

Will.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Importing ALL R3D media without going through individual folders.
on Mar 15, 2014 at 5:18:18 pm

Import it from where or from what?
Be more specific.

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Film Editor & Compositor.
Filmex Creative Media.
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia
1-876-461-9019

Return to posts index

Will Kee
on Mar 16, 2014 at 12:28:23 am

R3D Files from my hardrive, or any hardrive for that matter. Open Vegas; Import Media; find the folders. When you shoot on the Epic, each mag that you shoot has it's own folder (eg A001), which in turn has another folder for each clip (eg A001 C001) - the R3d files that I want to import are in these sub-folders. I'm wondering if I can import all media from A001 without having to go into each sub-folder C001 - import R3D - back - C002 - import R3D - back - C003 - import R3D - back - C004 - import R3D - back etc etc. (I could have 100 clips in one mag alone).

Return to posts index

Dave Osbun
on Mar 16, 2014 at 2:53:33 pm

Everybody has a different workflow, and what works for one may not be best for another. I think it depends on how you do your file organization. When I work, I place all my original video footage in one subfolder of my project. When it is time to import I just highlight one clip in the folder, hit CTRL+A, and that brings all the clips in at one time.

However my projects are very basic, so those that have different scenes, or shoot multi-cam, my way probably will not fit their workflow.

Dave

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
on Mar 17, 2014 at 4:51:42 am

You can use Windows Search (in Windows Explorer press Win+F3) to find all *.R3D files in the root folder and all its subfolders. Then select all the results and drag them to the Project Media window.

Sony Vegas Templates

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]