Vegas Pro freezes at 0% when loading a project

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ahu Huroti
Vegas Pro freezes at 0% when loading a project
on Mar 14, 2014 at 8:50:20 am
Last Edited By Ahu Huroti on Mar 15, 2014 at 1:52:31 pm

Hi there

I am working on a fairly large project. Since last week I've not been able to load it, or any of it's incremental saves, or backup files. Other projects load fine, this one however freezes Vegas at 0% load

After pulling my hair out trying different solutions, I tried logging into Vegas on a different Windows user account - to my surprise Vegas loaded the project fine, however all my bespoke ProDad FX and transition presets are missing.

I need to find out either what is preventing Vegas from loading the project in my normal user account, or find a way to carry the FX presets across to a different user account. Any suggestions gratefully received

Vegas Pro 10c 32bit
Windows 7 SP1 64bit
Asus M5A97 EVO R2
AMD Phenom X4 840
GeForce GTX650 ti 1gb
8GB 1600mhz RAM

(using 32bit Vegas so I can retain access to Prodad Adorage 1-9)

Return to posts index

Dave Osbun
Re: Vegas Pro freezes when loading a project - problem linked to Win user account?
on Mar 14, 2014 at 4:54:38 pm

Sounds like your Windows login isn't configured to have administrator privileges. I wouldn't think that this would cause problems within Vegas but obviously it does.

Return to posts index

Ahu Huroti
Re: Vegas Pro freezes when loading a project - problem linked to Win user account?
on Mar 14, 2014 at 5:53:10 pm

Thanks for responding. Both accounts are set up as "administrator", as far as I can tell they have the same access rights.

This is unbelievably frustrating - there doesn't appear to be any logical reason why the project is suddenly accessible from one user account but not another, especially as the issue is on the account where the project was developed and it is the same account where Vegas was originally installed

Anyone know where the ProDad FX presets are stored, so at least I can continue the project in the other account?

Return to posts index

Ahu Huroti
on Mar 15, 2014 at 7:37:28 am

Anyone?

Return to posts index

Stephen Mann
on Mar 15, 2014 at 6:20:27 pm

" different Windows user account"

And there may be your problem. To see what paths Vegas is looking into for project components, open Vegas, Options and shift-click on "Preferences". Click on the "Internal" tab. At the bottom in the filter box, type "path".

Warning, do not change anything in the internal tab without knowing what you are doing as you can truly screw up Vegas.

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index

Ahu Huroti
on Mar 15, 2014 at 9:31:23 pm

Just checked this out under both logins - all paths are pointing to the user folders relevant to each user ID, or directly to the Vegas install folder. Apart from the different user paths, all other items are identical.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]