FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Vegas Pro 11 released

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dave Haynie
Re: Vegas Pro 11 released
on Oct 23, 2011 at 7:10:33 pm

You ought to KNOW the HD6870 works in Vegas 11... Sony's own published benchmarks use this card. If you're not seeing it, you probably don't have OpenGL installed.

Sadly, that might be common. Over ten years ago I had an ATi graphics card, a decent one. I didn't care about GPUs or anything, but ATi was one of the companies actually producing clear analog video. But their installer was a mess... it failed, repeatedly, to properly install the drivers.

Jump forward to the HD6970 I bought last week... same problem. I found it's reporting errors on really stupid things, too... in my case, a version of a Microsoft support module didn't install... because I have a more recent version. But the installer reports an error, and doesn't tell you what failed.

And, with everything installed, the main ATi configuration program won't load. In fact, it tends to crash my whole system.

I naturally grabbed all the latest stuff online. Still failed. So grabbed the individual pieces, including the OpenGL drivers, which are separate. It works.

My concern right now is that, yeah, the GPU stuff is real; sometimes moderate, but they're real. Worth it, and Sony's doing right by supporting OpenCL. But there are still companies doing plug-ins supporting only CUDA. So I'm concerned that CUDA might be more important than I was thinking. All current CUDA implementations also support OpenGL and the Microsoft thing no one uses, DirectCompute, but only nVidia supports CUDA. I'm getting in a nVidia card to evaluate, to see if it compares to the AMD/ATi or not on Vegas performance.

-Dave

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]