FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Architect Question

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anotheruser
DVD Architect Question
on Apr 13, 2006 at 8:27:37 pm

Sorry for repost - last post is buried now.

I have about 25 videos i need to add to the menu. When I click and drag them and drop them on the menu, they are HUGE. There is now way all 25 will fit in the menu unless I manually resize each one.

there must be an easier way..?

help

Return to posts index

anotheruser
More specifically..
on Apr 13, 2006 at 8:45:21 pm

What I want is this..

When you put the DVD in .. a picture comes up of my my family. I have got the picture in DVD Architect so no problem there.

Then I want there to be a SCENE SELECTION link. When you click on that, it opens another menu with just text descriptions of each video clip. When you play any clip, the next one will floow at the end of it.. or you can always hit MENU again and go back tothe scene selection page.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Gary Kleiner
Re: More specifically..
on Apr 14, 2006 at 4:32:46 am

I have already explained how to link them with end actions. Is that not working for you?

Gary Kleiner

Vegas Training and Tools.com

Learn Vegas and DVD Architect

http://www.VegasTrainingAndTools.com

Return to posts index

anotheruser
on Apr 14, 2006 at 4:10:44 pm

Gary,

As I said, I'd like to have a first page with the image and a text link of "Scene Selection."

Then, when you click on Scene Selection, it takes you to another page where there are text links to each clip.

The way you suggested I do it, i end up with a bunch of thumbnail images on the first page..?

M

Return to posts index

stubenkastl
on Apr 14, 2006 at 4:59:48 pm

So many videos on one menu page will not look so good. You might have to use more pages or to give up the thumbnail view of the videos and simply stick to a text link. When you right click on any of your video buttons select text only. But 25 is still a lot on one page even as text only. Perhaps there are topics allowing you to group the videos. Then you can make this topics as different menu pages even with thumbnails. So the viewer can choose a topic on your first menu page and dig deeper.

Return to posts index

anotheruser
on Apr 14, 2006 at 5:06:13 pm

Thanks. I think I can get 25 no problem if they are all text. I didn't know I could right-mouse and select text only though so thank you for that.

So how do I set it up so there is just the image and the Scene Selection link on the first page and then all the text links on the Scene Selection page?

thx

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Apr 14, 2006 at 9:54:38 pm

[anotheruser] "So how do I set it up so there is just the image and the Scene Selection link on the first page and then all the text links on the Scene Selection page?"

Open up DVDA's Help menu.
Under Index, scroll down to Scene Selection Menu.
Select the Adding a Scene Selection Menu option.
It walks you through exactly what you're trying to do.

Return to posts index

anotheruser
Still need help
on Apr 14, 2006 at 10:33:51 pm

I'm really lost. Sorry. :(

I added the first clip. then I right moused on it and selected insert scene selection menu. Then it adds the scene selection menu and a link to the media file I added on the first page and asks me how many links. I select 25. I then attempt to add another title and do the same.. it agains asks me how many links to add?

I am completely lost.

Is anyone willing to give me a step by step? I will pay someone via PayPal to teach me. I'm very frustrated.

Return to posts index

Gary Kleiner
Re: Still need help
on Apr 15, 2006 at 5:17:43 am

Start with Menu Page one. Right-click on it and select Insert Submenu Name the link something like Clip Selection.

Double-click on the link and then onto the new page, drag all your 25 clips.

Is that getting you where you want to go?

Gary Kleiner

Vegas Training and Tools.com

Learn Vegas and DVD Architect

http://www.VegasTrainingAndTools.com

Return to posts index

Steve Mann
on Apr 17, 2006 at 5:59:57 am

If you would put a little more information into your profile - like where you are located - then you might find someone in your neighborhood willing to help.

Some random thoughts:
* Don't worry about the mess on your preview window yet, you can go back to clean that up later when you get the links into the correct menus.
* The media can go anywhere. I usually move mine to the root just to keep my menu list clean.
* The easiest way to get to the button properties is to double click on the menu and single click on the link.

There's not much you can't do with DVDA3. I like to try to duplicate some of the really neat menus that I see on Hollywood videos using only Vegas/DVDA3 and Photoshop. So far I've figured out a solution to all of them.

Stephen Mann
MannMade Digital Video
San Jose, CA

Return to posts index

NewVegasUser
on Apr 17, 2006 at 8:33:10 pm

I'm a novice to Vega, but I think I know how to help you, since I just struggled through something similar.

First put all your videos on the time line in the order you want them to play sequentially.

Next go through and place a "Chapter Mark" at the beginning of each video. If you "name" the chapter marks as you insert them, those names will automatically be placed in the proper buttons.

Now, after ALL your videos are "marked" add your Scene Selection Menu. It will ask you how many buttons you want to display on a page and it will build as many selection pages as required to navigate your project. Each Selection Page will have forward and back buttons as well as the scene selections. It will also place a Scene Selection menu button on your main menu page which points to the first selection page.

I think that will give you what you want, if I am reading your post correctly myself.

Don Sweger

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]