FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to copy and paste text presets/templates from one project to another

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Winso
How to copy and paste text presets/templates from one project to another
on Apr 23, 2019 at 4:38:42 pm

Hi everyone I have made a video in vegas 16 and now I want to use a text template which is also a vegas format I have downloaded it from a website that offers some free templates but I am not sure how to paste it in my project and edit the text there. When I copy it via clipboard and paste it to my project just copies the text without the effects. How do I do that? Thank you

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: How to copy and paste text presets/templates from one project to another
on Apr 23, 2019 at 5:25:32 pm

[Michael Winso] "I have downloaded it from a website that offers some free templates"
Hi Michael. Any form of direction on how to proceed to install on that site?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX60HS Bridge

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Apr 23, 2019 at 5:37:51 pm

Hi Michael, most of the Youtube/website presets/templates that I have found aren't really templates or presets, but it could be yours are.

You can load presets into Vegas Pro using the free app Sony Preset Manager 2.0.

Can you provide a link to the site that you downloaded from and the name of the template. It may be easier if we take a peak at your source.

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

Michael Winso
on Apr 23, 2019 at 6:37:41 pm

Hi George and Graham, thank you for your quick replies. Sure this is the site: https://delimproductions.jimdo.com/templates-free/ the only thing most of it is in Spanish I hope that's not a problem. The so called templates are vegas files I have worked with some of them in the past but now because I made a new vegas project I am not sure how to connect the 2.

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Apr 23, 2019 at 7:29:18 pm

Michael @ "Hi George and Graham, thank you for your quick replies. Sure this is the site: https://delimproductions.jimdo.com/templates-free/ the only thing most of it is in Spanish I hope that's not a problem. The so called templates are vegas files I have worked with some of them in the past but now because I made a new vegas project I am not sure how to connect the 2."

...well, yea, that poses a problem for me! I can barely handle Redneck let alone Spanish!

However, maybe I can help with this part, "but now because I made a new vegas project I am not sure how to connect the 2."

Can you explain your workflow, how you are trying to "connect" the two projects.

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

Michael Winso
on Apr 24, 2019 at 9:47:58 am

Lol about the red neck accent...

I thought I can better explain what I want to achieve through a video. I am sure there is a quite simple solution but I just cant figure it out somehow. Here is the vid:

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Apr 24, 2019 at 9:43:13 pm

Hi Michael,

I cannot tell from your video, but I have a suspicion that there maybe some Track Motion going on with your template. If that is correct, Track Motion and Track FX's will not copy and paste.

How large is the template you are using for this example, that is file size? Maybe you can upload it here or a file sharing website that I can then download and get my hands on it. I'm on a limited data download service, but if the whole template (I assume it is probably a zip file) is less than 100 mb, I could handle that.

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
on Apr 25, 2019 at 3:36:16 am

Hi Michael

Just wondering, do the reverse, what would happen if you imported into your template project...

Cheers !

PC Win 10 Pro 64-bit 16gb Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1
Blackmagic HyperDeck Studio Mini
Vegas Pro 16, User since Vegas 3.0

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]