FORUMS: list search recent posts

4K primary monitor and HD secondary external monitor problem

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terry Hogan
4K primary monitor and HD secondary external monitor problem
on Jul 13, 2018 at 8:04:23 pm

I just got a BenQ SW271 4K 27" monitor to use as my primary monitor and wanted to use my old NEC 1920x1200 as the secondary external monitor. I find that Vegas can't display the preview on this NEC external monitor unless I lower the resolution on the BenQ to 1920x1080. Is there a fix for this issue?

i7 5930k 3.5 GHz overclocked to 4.0 Ghz water cooled processor, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia Geoforce GTX 980 4GB RAM, C: drive and render to drive are SSD, project and media drive is WD Black.

Return to posts index

Terry Hogan
Re: 4K primary monitor and HD secondary external monitor problem
on Jul 13, 2018 at 9:48:01 pm

With futher testing I have found that in Windows 10 if I go into Display settings, select monitor 2 and then Advanced and set it to 100%(see attached picture) then Vegas can put the Preview on the secondary monitor. But all the menus are extremely tiny. I had this advanced setting at 200% and then most menus were a reasonable size. At a setting of 150% a little corner of the preview window shows up on the lower left edge of the secondary monitor. It is like Vegas is sending the Preview to the secondary monitor but it is off the center of the secondary monitor and is only partially or not at all visible unless this advanced setting is at 100%.
See imbeded Advanced Display setting screenshot. Anyone have a suggestion or does VP15 fix this issue?

i7 5930k 3.5 GHz overclocked to 4.0 Ghz water cooled processor, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia Geoforce GTX 980 4GB RAM, C: drive and render to drive are SSD, project and media drive is WD Black.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]