FORUMS: list search recent posts

Asset Management

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Hague
Asset Management
on Jul 13, 2018 at 3:06:24 am

What do people use to manage all their videos they have shot? How do you catalogue them for easy future retrieval. By the tape or by the clip.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

(Both in a pro and amateur basis)

David

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Asset Management
on Jul 13, 2018 at 5:11:04 am

[David Hague] "What do people use to manage all their videos they have shot?"
David? You've been around since 2001, why are you asking now?'Are you wanting to change your present methods? What is it you're wanting as an improvement to your current archival workflow?

Cheers,

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

David Hague
on Jul 13, 2018 at 5:29:31 am

Hi Grazie - yes indeedy. Time flies old friend ☺

I have not looked at this area for a long time so doing a revisit as it has not been high on my list, so was simply wondering what folk might be doing these days, that maybe went under my radar.

In particular, I am interested in systems that might take advantage of the Vegas SQL database compatibility via maybe Access or other SQL application? Has anyone built a bespoke one for example?

David

David

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jul 13, 2018 at 6:08:52 am

[David Hague] " I am interested in systems that might take advantage of the Vegas SQL database compatibility via maybe Access or other SQL application? Has anyone built a bespoke one for example?"
Well, I'm glad I asked! - And yes, I do too.

Here's my obs for this:

HARD DRIVES > > > INTERROGATION BY FILE SEARCH > > > INTO R:Base or ACCESS > > > REPORT GENERATION.

Once within a DB then I could produce my own reports. Back in the '80s I did a lot of work with R:Base working up relational db querying and had seen the light. And yes - again - having a "simple" workflow for the terabits of assets allowing for slippery-slick retrieval would be neat.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]