FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas Pro 15 - 4gb Video clips split by camera don't rejoin smoothly

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philip Hu
Vegas Pro 15 - 4gb Video clips split by camera don't rejoin smoothly
on Jun 26, 2018 at 2:50:31 am

The 4gb file size limitation for fat32 formatted SD Cards presents a problem when importing multiple clips into the Vegas time line. They don't transition smoothly and there's a very visible jerk from the end of one clip to the beginning of the next. I've tried different ways of importing the clips into the timeline - selecting all the clips (only 3 or 4), dragging them from Vegas Explorer as well as from Windows Explorer, right clicking and selecting "Add across time" as well as simply left clicking and dragging to the timeline. I've also tried disabling ripple and automatic crossfades.

Nothing helps.

Anyone know of a solution? Should I be reformatting my SD Card to NTFS instead?

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
Re: Vegas Pro 15 - 4gb Video clips split by camera don't rejoin smoothly
on Jun 26, 2018 at 5:49:11 am

Sometimes the camera comes with a video program for Spanned Clip !

Return to posts index

Philip Hu
on Jun 26, 2018 at 9:16:51 am

I tried using PhotoFun Studio for Panasonic Lumix GH3. Although it imports all 3 files as one video file within the PhotoFun application there are still 3 different mts files to import into Vegas. Problem still exists.

Return to posts index

Shinra Bansho
on Jun 26, 2018 at 2:05:20 pm
Last Edited By Shinra Bansho on Jun 26, 2018 at 2:22:30 pm

Are you using GH3 (or GH4)? If so, place all the spanned files in a sequential order on the VEGAS Pro timeline, save it as "GH3 Joined" (or any other name you like), and close it. Start then a new veg file and import (=nest) the "GH3 Joined" veg by "drag and drop". You could realistically treat it as a single video file. I own GH4 and use this method all the time. Or, I guess you could also binary copy the spanned files in the DOS window to make them a one piece physically.

Return to posts index

Philip Hu
on Jun 29, 2018 at 11:28:34 am

Thanks for the tip. I'm using GH3. My videos are in the process of rendering and the 2 hour video is taking more than 6 hours to complete. So I'll try the tip when the video is done rendering. Meanwhile I found that in Vegas Pro 15 by using Device Explorer I can import all the 4GB clips from the sd card as one large file, which solves my problem.

Your tip is good for if I have copied the clips to my hard drive and deleted them from my sd card.

Return to posts index

Edward Troxel
on Jun 26, 2018 at 2:33:19 pm

Go to a dos prompt, change the directory to where the files are located, and the do something like:

copy /b clip1.mp4+clip2.mp4+clip3.mp4+clip4.mp4 combined.mp4

Naturally change the file names and extensions to match what you are using. Once that is done, edit with the "combined" file and there will be no gaps between like you are now seeing.

Edward Troxel

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Jun 26, 2018 at 6:14:25 pm

I use SanDisk 128 gb Extreme Pro cards formatted in exFat in my GH4and Windows 7 OS. It has worked out well in the past 2 years, with no lost data and no file size restrictions other than the size of the card.

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
on Jun 27, 2018 at 10:45:53 am

Hi Philip

You could also try this utility.

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/digital_cinema/d...

Cheers !

PC Win 10 Pro 64-bit 16gb Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1
Blackmagic HyperDeck Studio Mini
Vegas Pro 14, User since Vegas 3.0

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]